Sunday 17 February 2019

Rumor's Sunday-Funday Jam-Snowageddon




With:

Ken Webb-Bass
Tommy Bruner-Guitar
Kris Briles-Guitar and vocals except Dreams I'll Never See Again
Brian Briles-Guitar
Rick Clay-Guitar and lead vocals on Dreams I'll Never See Again
Bob Gleason-Harmonica
Terry McDowell-Drummer on 1,2
Mike Lint-Drummer on 3,4
D J Hovenstot-Drummer on Dreams I'll Never See Again


Songs played

Texas Flood
Old Time Rock And Roll
Johnny B Goode
Sweet Home Chicago
Dreams I'll Never See Again



(David Price: photo credit)

NOTES:

Bart Bock canceled the Stone City Acoustic Showcase today, so I braved yet another winter storm and slip and sided into Rumors for today.  I sat and talked drums with Sir Bob Miller before he took the stage to jam with the guys.   Bob would eventually bring his drums in just in time for me to have another drumming partner on my segment.  Always love having Terry play drums next to me. As well as Mike and DJ

It was a rare jam having Kenneth John Webb playing bass and he was the only bass player there but he got a workout till David Miller spelled him a couple songs.

DJ and Sir Bob played Midnight Rambler.

Tami Soukup was in attendance as well as Andi Clay and Jeff Brown.

Karl Hudson was there but had to leave.  He was getting jittery of the everlasting snowstorm of the day.

While Kim Hovenstot was taking videos of her hubby, I ended up smacking her by mistake while she got too close to me and I did know she was that close.  I do get jumpy when people get too close to me and I did know that.

They had a chili cookoff this afternoon, I had some of the leftovers.  I love good chili.

It was the first time I played the Rumor's Jam since December 30, 2018.

Oh yeah...and it showed all day again.

Last night I took Julie out to The Mockingbird to see the Journey Of The Heart thingy, which one guy played flute and piano and another guy painted in action.  It was the second part of her Valentine's Day gift.  I have yet to get a card from her. She did get me some Valentine chocolate covered pretzels and organic soup.    She said she had fun last night, we had to junk the Ramsey's supper in favor of Urban Pie.  Wasn't much of a date for me, we went back to her place and I watched an early Avengers show on TV  and she was  trying to learn a couple new songs, till I had to leave and get to the store before the snowstorm hit.   And it hit right around 11.

And still haven't stopped as of this writing.

Photos By David Price.



1)  Terry McDowell playing Bob Miller's drums.  It's always FUN to have Terry drum along side myself.




2)  Bob Gleason  harping it up with the Briles Family on  Sweet Home Chicago.



3)  Kyle David Miller and DJ Hovenstot  jamming to Midnight Rambler




4)  Kris and Brian Briles,  Ken Webb, R.Smith and Tommy Bruner.  Photo from the lovely Tami Soukup



5)  Tommy, Bob Gleason and  Mike Lint.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.