Wednesday 11 September 2019

Rumors-Rocking With The Briles Part 2

Songs:

Tore Down
Texas Flood
Blue On Black
I Want A Word With You Baby

Kris Briles-Lead vocal and lead guitar
Brian Briles-Rhythm guitar
Tim Canfield-Bass
Rodney Smith-Drums

Terry McDowell-Host
Aided by Billy Bourbon and Tommy Bruner

With Lisa Fox, Mike Lint, Greg Nost, John Hernandez  and a few others




Notes:


Another trip to the doctors, this time getting the good drugs, Sudafed D, which they hide behind the counter thanks to the methheads that abused the system and made  you get a doctor's note to get the GD things.  The coughing will not stop.  They still haven't prescribed the Fenatyal yet.

Making two trips into town and changing cars, perhaps I stayed home but since I get to go back to work next week, I figured I better get my jams in before it's too late.  Like last night I got to jam with Kris Briles again, this time Brian played guitar.  Not being host of the jam, it felt like I was supposed to do the deciding of thing, especially Billy yelling at me what amp Brian was going to use.   How the fuck do I know, I growled back, and told Brian, he could use Billy's amp.    Am I'm getting paid to do this shit?  I'm getting deaf by the day, ask them!

Being a youngster, Kris did toyed around with Tommy's amp and made the mistake to turn it up too loud on Blue On Black to which, I took a look and Tim was suffering through the loud guitar.  I looked at Tim and he said the guitar player is playing too loud and to turn it down,   I then, looked at Kris, motioned him to cut the volume in half and he did it.  And still managed to play the lead pretty good without the loudness.  Yeah, we're getting old and it shows, in our playing and our hearing.

With the Rumors Jam, and without Daddy O or Dan Johnson around, it was a new environment for Kris to play in, tho he has played there before on a couple Sundays.  There's a difference between the style of Dan  and Tim, who can be imitating if you haven't jammed with him.  Took me a while to adapt to Tim's style but with him, I can keep the beat simple.  I had some problems trying to do too much but thankfully nobody paid much attention to them.  Both are Hall Of Famers, I do think DJ is better suited to Kris' style of playing.    Tim is 100 percent classic rock and oldies.

Earlier in the day, I went to the Second Wednesday get together at Checkers with Dan Johnson, Mike Eganhouse, Scott Welsh, Tom Krejci, Nate Hines, Greg Hauser and Kraig Spratt. It was a hour and half get together of trading stories but Dan was doing most of the talking and such.  Afterwards I thought about driving to Marshalltown and checking out a record store but was dealing with coughing issues and the usual run to the toilet.  I figured it was better to go to Urgent Care and see if they can find a wonder drug for this crap that I have had all fucking year. It's the congestion D drugs this time out.  I hope this works.  I'm so tired of this shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.