Sunday 8 September 2019

Waubeek/Rumors Jam-Shelley Foley's 35th Bash

Rumors Songs Played

It's Hard To Be Humble
One Way Out.

Billy Bourbon-Lead vocals and guitar
Tommy Bruner-lead guitar
Tim Canfield-Bass
Terry McDowell-Drum provider
This Blogger-Kept the beat


Waubeek All Stars

Ground Chuck
Nelson
David Lam
Maki Dervo
Steve Therault
Captain Kirksey

Notes:

Rumors had five drummers of note.  Waubeek had me and Maki.  I played for five hours.   I worked hard for that forty dollars.

Not a lot of jammers but there were a few hanger ons that kept the music going till 1 30.  Steve did every song that he knew and even Chuck was running low on songs.  However, Kirksey kept it going.

Sunday was reserved for Cedar Rapids Kernels baseball and they came back to score the winning runs after being down 2-1 by forcing another winner take all game tomorrow by defeating Clinton 3-2 and shutting up the fans that came to root for them.  For 685 fans, it was the loudest crowd that I have heard.

With the come from behind victory, I managed to show up at Rumors to close the Sunday Funday jam by playing a cool version of One Way Out and wished the birthday girl Shelly a happy 35th.  She's half my age. *sigh*

Belinda James was there for the third straight week, of course I missed her performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.