Sunday 24 November 2019

Dreams Of Arcadia In Monticello




I backed up Julie and Ryan, tho I took a guitar and had my songbook ready just in case.  But Ryan played the whole gig without any problem.  A mini Egads reunion as Mark Randolph joined Belinda James on Blue Bayou and Fever and I play percussion.   Mark went bye bye after that.

A good and receptive crowd.  Talked to the new owner of the Glass Tap and we shared a few horror stories about a certain Boy Scout Hippie Master who left and didn't pay his twenty dollar tip.  He won't be back any time soon.

Afterwards, Julie followed me to Stone City, to where we missed the Acoustic Jam and Bubs Johannes hosted.  Most have vacated when we got there around 7 30.  Ended up getting a pizza and eating most of it on the way back to 151 where I guided Julie to make it back home.

That's about the extent of things.  We had fun and got paid.

Rocky Smith showed up.

Somebody played Mary Jane's Last Dance by Tom Petty.  Ryan looked quite pissed off when he heard that song.  I swear it wasn't me, it was two young ladies, that he struck up a conversation with.

Perhaps we should have gone for Chinese instead of Stone City instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.