Saturday 9 November 2019

Whittier Acoustic Showcase-Nov

Fox On The Run
Lynch Party
Somewhere Down The Line
Just To Satisfy You
Spanish Harlem Incident
Every Mother's Son
Dear Lisa
Sundown
Cinnamon Girl
Good Time Charlie Got The Blues
Drawn In The Dark
Venus


(Olivia, she hasn't changed at all)

I kinda dig deep into the archives for this session.  Half the songs I haven't played in a long time.

It was twenty years ago next weekend that I had a long distance relationship with Olivia.  I remember going out to Portland on a nice sunny day and then the next five days we had wind and rain storms and a cold dinner cruise on the river but it was such a fun time.  She came out here during New Years and caught walking Pneumonia.   Eventually she found somebody closer to home.  In my life she has come out once in a while to say hi.  She became facebook friends with me again.

I went out to see The Boy Scout Hippies last night at Rumors.   First time that I caught Ron and Dakota playing live but I got there just in time for them to take a 45 minutes and then Chris (remember her from Waubeek?)  came up and bashed away on about five numbers.  She is a basher, a lot of missed breaks, too many cymbals hits and gave me a headache even when wearing ear plugs.  I only caught Linda doing Gimmee Shelter on drums but as far as I know she does it differently than I would have.  Chris' overplaying on Hard To Handle, was hard to handle.  She probably had about four or five beers beforehand.  I'm sure she'll be back to bash on the drums in Waubeek next month. That is if I'm up to having her bash on the drums.

Three originals were played, Somewhere Down The Line came off as the best of the bunch and Dear Lisa went over quite well.  Drawn In The Dark along with Good Time Charlie were the encore number.  Venus was played along with David Lam.  Sundown I sang backing vocals and was planning to do that song till the couple before me played it.  The Whittier gang contributed to the backing vocal to Fox On The Run.

Again a light amount of jammers which is the reason why my set list is long.  But we all stayed till the end.  I rather deal with the last jam at 10 PM  rather than 2 AM.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.