Sunday 3 November 2019

Weekend Jams-Waubeek Two Years Onward

Waubeek All Stars:

Dave Lam
Dave Bonham
Ground Chuck
Nelson
Phil Bo King
Lenny Drake
Kris Briles
Brian Briles
Captain Kirksey
Freddy Jones
Doug Kovarik
Ron Lafleur
Dakota McWhorter
Richard Budde
Maki Dervo
Steve Thearux
Danny Trumm
Hootie

And more


Brenda and Greg Mein didn't make the jam, so they went home early
Carl Meiners was there for support.


(Blues Rox aka Kristopher and Brian Briles, Photo By M. Dervo)

NOTE: I was disgusted when I first posted this, my emotions always get the best of me. Edited to a certain point.  This was my second anniversary of being part of the Waubeek Jam.  Unlike the 2017 debut, no fights were witnessed.  Brenda and Greg did help me in my slot which started at 12:30 AM.  To which afterwards I decided just to play drums for future shows.

This might have been my most disgusted appearance this month.  Richard Budde and some woman name Chris came up to play drums, Richard helped out Lenny and Ground Chuck.  Ron and Dakota have been more frequent at the jams and I played two songs with them and Chris took over the next two.  She was a pounder on the drums. Richard was left handed so he ended up messing  up my drums to the point that they were out of alignment, plus the fact he took both, my good pair of Hot Rods as well as my bad pair.  He might have forgotten.   It wouldn't be an issue but since I'm out of a pair of them things I have to reach into my change jar to invest another 40 dollars for two pairs of Hot Rods.  They are not cheap.

We had a large crowd, but a lot of wanking around and wasting 10 to 15 minutes getting the next act up to play was a pisser.  Again the major complaint that the usual folks played way too long in their sets.  The guy they called Hound Dog wasted about 25 minutes getting set up and having his rhythm box set just right.  The Boy Scout Hippies got the place a rocking but the best was saved for last when the newly renamed Blue Rox came on to play five long rock blues song including a wild The Sky Is Crying to which Kris did his behind the back guitar solo.  It was better than the Voodoo Chile song last month.  Dave Bonham played bass.

I also helped Dave Bonham play his blues songs.

I wasn't exactly pleased of Dick nor Chris the female drummer fucking around with my drumset.  Still I carried on.  After Richard and Chris bolted and not say goodbye I ended up putting the 2002 Paiste Sizzle Crash on for the Blues Rox set.  I was surprised on how well it sounded in a live setting but then again it should not be that big of a surprise since I have never heard a bad 2002 sounding cymbal.  I think Dave got tired of the loud guitars and drums and called it a evening before 1.  But I'm still a bit livid about losing the sticks after needing them.  I may take the next Waubeek Jam off and go spend some sort of quality time with Julie.

In terms of theory, respect the host drummer's tools.




Sunday Funday Rumors Jam With Terry McDowell

With
Al Hendricks-Lead vocal and guitar (In photo)
Dan Hartman-Lead Guitar
Randy Burghdorff-Bass
R.Smith-Drums
Tommy Bruner-Guitar
Nick Lnenicka-Harmonica

Songs:

Truck Driving Man
Six Days On The Road
How Blue Can You Get
The Bottle Let Me Down
Bad Moon Rising
All Shook Up.

Notes.

I had to come into town to pick up a pair of Hot Rods at Guitar Center this afternoon before venturing out to Rumors and hang with the guys.  Terry was gracious enough for me to play early, so I got to jam with Al today.  The songs were fairly mellow and I didn't have to break a sweat.  Ron and Dakota have been very busy of late, this was their third straight showing at Rumors, as well as playing as Waubeek last night and they bought their female drummer with them. Ron also said that Chris, the other girl drummer would be there as well.  I didn't hang around to hear that.  I had to pick up a chair from Julie for my computer room after my old computer chair broke.  Of course I might have an hand in its demise.

DJ Hovenstat played drums for Dreams Of Arcadia at Dirty Shirley's Friday Night.

Dedicated to the memory of Holly Bixby, co worker and all around sweetheart. (1979-2019)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.