Sunday 10 November 2019

Rumors/Stone City: Tami Soukup's Birthday Bash

Rumors, Songlist

Gold Dust Woman/The Chain
Further Up The Road
I'll Play The Blues For You
Walking After Midnight
Two More Glasses Of Wine
Dreams
Me And Bobby McGee
Dreams I'll Never See Again
Cheap Sunglasses




Kim Trevillion-Lead Vocal (1-4,6,7)
Dan Hartman-Lead Vocal (5), Lead Guitar 1-7
Dave Bonham-Guitar (1-7)
Rick Clay-Lead guitar and vocals (8,9)
Tommy Bruner-Guitar (8,9)
Randy 'Bird' Burghdoff-Bass (all tracks)
R.Smith-Drums (all tracks)
Terry McDowell-Humble Host


(R.S, Maki, Donna Jo, Freddy Jones, Paul Nugent,Phil Bo, David Arnold)
Diana Conwell-Koening: Photo credit

Stone City:

Ventura Highway
Wagon Wheel
Peaceful Easy Feeling
Tequila Sunrise
Red House Blues
Another Blues In A
For What It's Worth

Bill Sclatter-Vocals and guitar (1-4)
David Arnold-Guitar and vocals (5-7)
Dan Nugent-Bass
Freddy Jones-Harmonica
Mike Frederick-Banjo
Maki Dervo-Pan Flute
Phil Koening-Piano
Carl Meiners-Mandolin
Donna Jo Elsner-Backing vocal and percussion
R.Smith-Lead vocal (For What It's Worth)







NOTES:

The fourth snowstorm in two weeks has hit the area again but I managed to play both jams.  The surprise was that when I was up at Rumors, I was the only other drummer there.  So I got to play a full hour set.  Julie did show up but by then I was on my way to Stone City to finish that jam.  Phil Bo was the host and I jammed with a few of the guys and only did For What Its Worth.  The waitress was in a hurry to get home so she lifted me drink.  Joe had my hot rods but he wasn't there at Rumors.  Nor did I get a Rod Smith for Mayor poster.


(B.Bourbon.Photo) Bird and Kimberley

The snow finally hit at around 8:45 PM. Getting up the Stone City Hill even when wet was a bit hard to do.  I could see the waitress being in a hurry to leave, but I left no tip.  At least let me finish up my drink before doing so.

In terms of theory, the Stone City set was me interacting with other players on guitar.  Bill Schlatter was gracious enough to thank me for donating my time to him and Donna Jo, but I got there too late to really provide a songlist I could live with and with David and Dan up there plus Phil Bo, it was better to have them onstage. I love having Freddy Jones play harmonica, I never have the right songs for him to play.  For What Its Worth was simply the last song and a fitting finale. Somehow I managed to figure into 7 songs at Stone City.  I played on 9 selections at Rumors and didn't feel like singing much anyway.  Somehow I do feel guilty that I didn't hang to see Julie show up.  But  I made it clear that I was going to both jams tonight.   Usually in hindsight it's better to play Stone City first, then Rumors afterwards.



For Dreams I'll Never See Again, we're still chopping off about three measures of the beginning and I tore into the second part after four bars, missing one more but I don't think Rick minds it that much.  If anything, Rick n I still nailed the last part every time for the past 10 times we tried it.  Tommy and Bird were left in the dark on that.

Rumors Photos taken by the lovely Tami Soukup.  Billy Bourbon took this one.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.