Sunday 15 March 2020

Whittier/Stone City/Rumors: The Last One For A While?

Whittier Set List:

Fox On The Run
Willin'
Handy Man
Go Out And Get It
Just To Satisfy You
Jet Airliner
The Last Time

Notes:

A fairly good turnout despite the Corona virus craze.  Jay and Mikey popped up.

A change of different songs, trying to get back to figuring out how to play Willin.

Rumors' Sunday Funday Jam with Terry McDowell And Gang

Songs:

I'll Be Your Baby Tonight
Six Days On The Road
Stuck On You
All Shook Up
Happy Birthday Song
Nadine

With:

Al Hendricks-Lead vocal and guitar
Tommy Bruner-Guitar
Bill Bourbon-Bass
R.Smith-Drums
Bird and Terry took a break


Stone City Song List

Alice Restaurant Massacre (Short Version)
Fox On The Run
For What Its Worth
Good Time Charlie
Logic And Lies
Cinnamon Girl

With: Guy Peterson, Lane Gaffney, Mae Johnson, Danny Trumm, Maki Dervo, Mike Fredericks, Jay Devore, Big Daddy Kahl.

And Terry McCauley



Julie Gordon with Truth Band-Rumors Friday Night  She works great with a rocking band.  Plus I think it keeps her happy.

Notes:

The Truth Band debuted at Rumors Friday Night, which I caught the last set.  Franklin was in the car and I got to say hi to him and he came inside the bar for a few seconds.  Julie never seems to like to have her picture taken but I do think Donna Jo took a nice shot of her.




Me N Julie.  

Saturday:  Three inches of snow, which all melted by the end of the day as I made my way to Whittier to play the showcase.  Despite the Corona virus scare we had a good turnout.  Sunday, I decided to do Rumor's first then off to Stone City.  A pretty much laidback and easy rock n blues from Al, with Billy Bourbon playing bass and Tommy on guitar.  I enjoy backing Al up on his songs, we let him do his thing and then we all come in.  We love Al for being the direct link to the past.  He has a funny sense of humor 

I finished the night at Stone City. Terry McCauley was there so I had to surprise him by playing songs that I didn't need a song book to.  With him in the crowd, I got some of the best applause in my five songs of note, plus the shortest Alice Restaurant Massacre version ever.  Unlike the picture above I did bring my hat and glasses and dressed up for the occasion.

It was announced that all the bars would be closed down till April.  Which meant the upcoming gigs with Blues Rox are canceled.   The Corona Virus is real, a local DJ playing at the Long Branch contracted that two days later.  So looks like the next two weeks might be the perfect time to finally do that long promised album, three years after Logic N Lies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.