Sunday 27 September 2020

Artisan Blues Jam Number 1-Fall 2020

 Setlist

Dreams
Drift Away
Let's Work Together
Mannish Boy




With:

Julie Gordon-Lead vocal (Dreams, Drift Away)
Donna Jo Elsner-Harmony vocal (Dreams, Drift Away)
Dakota McWhortor-Lead Guitar
Dave Bonham-Bass
Eli Snow-Drums
I played guitar and sang on the last two.

Joe Hutchcroft-Bought the drums and got shortchanged on playing them.  Apologies to him.




With Blues Rox

Kris Bries-Lead Guitar and Lead Vocals
Brian Bries-Other guitar and vocals
Phil Koening-Bass
I played Drums




With Kimberly and MJ

Kimberly Kirtzan-Lead vocal
MariJane Eschner-lead guitar
Phil Bo King and Dave Bonham-Bass (they alternate) 
Freddy Jones-Harmonica
I played drums

With Guitar Dave and JJ

Julie Gordon-Lead Vocals
Dave Bonham-Guitar and vocals
Dakota McWhortor-Guitar
Phil Koening-Bass
I Played drums

Phil Koening hosted the first blues jam outdoors show.  Patrick Lower and Dave Bonham ran the sound. The snake that Campbell Steele gave us was crappy.  And I was using an amp that sounded like shit didn't help much either.  For my set, Julie and Donna Jo did the first two songs and I just did two blues jam numbers that took up time.  Mannish Boy went for 5 minutes and 37 seconds.  Julie recorded part of it.  Somehow that won me her heart for that show.

Joe got slighted out.  He was the host drummer but me and Eliot were playing most of the time.  MJ n Kimberly asked me to play for them,   As well as Dave and Julie.

The Blues Rox number went over by 15 minutes.  I know with Voodoo Chile we exceeded the 20 minute playing time limit.  While Phil Bo mentioned that some people didn't play, as far as I know, the ones who signed up did play.  Corey Baker and Chuck Savage were there as well as Dave Pike and his wife.  And Eliot with his Segnet persona.

Eliot plays pretty good drums, tho a bit more timid on the playing.  But he did have great feel for what I was playing.

Bob Dorr showed up but didn't play.  Nice of him to support the blues jams.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.