Friday 18 September 2020

Sanctuary-Three Years Onward

 Songs

Sundown
Drift Away
Gimme One Good Reason
Stop Draggin My Heart Around
Cinnamon Girl
Gold Dust Woman

With
Julie Gordon: Guest Vocalist

Notables:  Cyndi Mahoney, Phil Bo King, Diana Conwell-Koening, Dave Bonham, Lee Kohl, Jim Jacobmeyer, Dave Pike, Patrick Lower, Eliot Snodgrass and Signet. 

And Gregdon Cole in spirit. 





Notes:

The question remains if Cyndi would have shown up.  Not only did she show up but also Kimberly and her husband as well. The only problem was that, Julie was there and she would be my guest star to redo the songs that Kimberly sang in Stone City.   Certainly, Julie should have been the go to person to sing that Sunday, but I got too passive and deferred. 

So Julie was the special guest singer.

This was my third year celebrating  of being part of the Sanctuary open mic.  

Anyway, with Julie there, Kimberly was not going to have me to play guitar for her.  Phil Bo could have helped her but my singing partner was not going to have that.  She wasn't thrilled to see Cyndi there.  After the fallout I had with Cyndi on Saturday, and unfriending her the next day, we wouldn't going to be sociable.   We basically ignored each other all through the night.   Nothing much to say, and nothing much to do, this will probably be the way every time we see each other at the jams.  I do hope she will get the chance to sing live, but that's going to be up to her and her only and with other musicians. 

Whatever support I had from Cyndi was not there.  She would sit there, staring at her smart phone and not clapping after the song was over.  I think it finally got to her and she left during Stop Dragging My Heart Around right around the line  "I know you really wanna tell me goodbye".  But in the process I still could hear Dave Pike's playing the Baby Elephant Walk while she was going out the door.   No big loss.

It was the first time that Julie and me played an extended set since July of last year.  The missed chance from Stone City rectified that.  To be honest, I really didn't feel like being there since Cyndi was there and spent most of the time in the Green Room going over songs with Julie and hanging back stage on the stairs.  By the time we did play, Kimberly and David were gone, simply of Dave being around I suppose.  

In the end, Julie won out and for her reward got me all to herself.  To which nobody complained.

One year later, and Cyndi has not appeared at any jams or open mics.   To which nobody noticed or complained. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.