Sunday 20 September 2020

Stone City: A Blown Speaker, A 12 String And A Jule

 Songs

Jet Airliner
For What Its Worth
Gimme One Good Reason
Gold Dust Woman

Julie Gordon: Lead vocals

Host: Michael Joe (Bird dog) McCullough 



Dave Lam, Guitar Dave, Bill Schlatter, Mr. Smith, Diana Conwell-Koening, Phil Koening and Cindy Usher in this photo taken by Diana.


Notes:

Thanks To Jeffrey Brown for coming out and supporting the act.

Bird Dog hosted the show and we got to play the shortest sets of anybody.  Not that it really matters, Julie hung around long enough to sing, and while Bird Dog thought my guitar was shortening out his speakers, turns out the console was blown.  Dave Bonham was good enough to lend me his 12 string.

It wasn't that impressive of a set, Julie was dealing with pollen problems and I was getting quite bored while Bird Dog was fumbling around the console trying to find the right sound.  

It started out a nice day but it got cooler due to the easterly winds, good thing I had a long sleeve shirt on.

I don't know what happened but when I got to play, the soundboard was crackling.  Bird Dog thought it was my guitar, so I borrowed Dave's 12 string.  Got the same result.  

Ron Lafluer came up later and reprised Gimme One Good Reason.  To which I tipped my cap and went for a Mexican Dinner.

  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.