Thursday 18 November 2021

Long Lunch With Kat Blue And Tommy Bruner At Checkers

Songs played

Fox On The Run
Logic And Lies
Drift Away
Cheating Songs
Realitesvville
Train Goes Nowhere/Gallows Pole
For What Its Worth
Cinnamon Girl
Call Me The Breeze
Further Up The Road
Dreams
Gimme One Good Reason




Kimberly Trevillion-Lead Vocal on Drift Away, then the last five songs
Tommy Bruner joined up later to perform on the last five songs too.
Freddy Jones played Harmonica on Call Me The Breeze and Further Up The Road



(Photos from the Kat Blue Collection)

This was the third and final of the Long Lunch jams this week for me.  However, I had to go to the ER to take care of chest pains, to which nothing was found but I was still lying in pain most of the afternoon.   They had me there for three hours, while I took a couple naps during to a constant beep.  247 dollars for a three hour stay.  Lord know what it would have been if I stayed the night.   Once they let me go, I went to Checkers to support Kimberly's jam,  to which a few folks showed up. 

It was the first time I actually got play guitar with Tommy since The Longbranch jam of about four years ago. He talked about wanting to play guitar on a couple originals but my mind was drawing a blank, looking back the song Teri My Love would have been perfect with his guitar lead.  The surprise was playing the Gallows Pole riff on Train Goes Nowhere.  First time I ever attempted that and it came out of the blue.  A couple of messups on the songs but I'll never reveal which songs they were. 

Kimberly did join back on stage to play Cinnamon Girl with Tommy for the first time.  We usually do Gold Dust Woman or Stop Draggin My Heart Around.  But then I dropped my pick inside the guitar and ended up getting a couple blisters on my thumb.   Freddy Jones did some harmonica work then left to enjoy his supper.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.