Sunday 21 November 2021

Rumors-You're Playing Too Loud Herman Stop It!

Songs:

Hey Bartender
Dock Off The Bay
Wildwood Weed
Long Time Gone
Mary Jane's Last Dance
Midnight Rambler


Billy Bourbon-Guitar and vocals
Tommy Bruner-Lead Vocal on Long Time Gone and Midnight Rambler, guitar
Tim Canfield-Bass
Terry McDowell-Host
Nick Lnenicka-Harmonica
Maurice Morris-Guitar
R. Smith-Drums







To which Terry was under the weather to the point that he let Herman take over at around 4 30.  Herman got a bit too rambunctious that he was told to quiet down.  I don't believe I was that loud, tho we did have a lot of jam time fun on Long Time Gone and Midnight Rambler, to which I actually figured where Tommy was going to with that song.  Last time we did this song, it didn't come out very well but it's a jam and nobody cares.  This time out, it went pretty good.  

Tommy Giblin and Brook Hoover are the new guys in Chad Johnson's oldies revue known as the Past Masters.  I still hope to record with Brookie on some new music.

While Terry wasn't feeling well, he did have plenty of drummers to take his place.  I did six songs that totaled around 30 minutes.   Even DJ Hovenstot's grandson  Jasper was there, Bob Miller popped up later, as well as Mikey Lint and Tino Kaufmann and a drummer that replaced me but didn't get his name. 

I didn't make my way to Stone City, opted to go see Julie and Franklin and watched most of the Sparks Documentary which should pick up interest in that band.  I have a few of their records, including Pretending To Be Drunk, which was the deal breaker with Atlantic from what I heard.  But then again that label has always been a farce to anybody outside of Led Zeppelin it seems.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.