Sunday 14 November 2021

Rumors-Tami's Birthday Bash And Other Tales Of Woe



Songs:

Running Down A Dream
She Caught The Katy
Keep Your Hands To Yourself
Cocaine
Beast Of Burden
Barefootin'

Billy Bourbon-Guitar and sings on 1,3,4
Tommy Bruner-Guitar and sings on 5
Jeff Taylor-Keyboard and sings on 2
Tim Canfield-Bass and sings on 6
Terry McDowell-Host Drummer
Tom Berdo-Harmonica
Nick Lnenicka-Harmonica 3-6
I played drums




Spending time out and about Saturday Night, I caught the Surf Zombies at Iowa Brewing Company and picked up their new album and chatted with Brookie for a while.  He's been doing his best to get me to record some songs for him.  Brook has been part of the return back into the music scene and is a total great guy.  I will record something with him next year.

Tami's birthday was Saturday, and I got to say Happy Birthday to her during the Four Day Creep final gig of 2021 at North Point, a very roomy bar, to which Mike Fleck moved over since shutting down Aces And Eights.  There has been talk that Tami would be a wonderful person to share life with, or at least get some. That's not going to happen since I've been with Julie and continue to be loyal to her.   Tami is sexy and I know she'd be fun.  She got annoyed with me after we took a photo together and I poo pooed the way I looked in the photos, I tend to be my own worst critic.   Needless to say, she was disappointed in the way things turned out that night.   Tammy from Anamosa popped up to say hi as well.    If Julie wasn't a part of my life, who knows what would happen but Tami is hardcore GOP and Trump fan.  And that would not make us a compatible couple. The other Tammy dated Mike Serbousek for a while.  I'm sure both Tami n Tammy are fun women.  Problem is they both smoke and I don't date smokers. 

It was Rumors this afternoon, and Tami got another hug before we went separate ways.  I managed to stay in beat to Runnin Down A Dream (I always play it too fast) but Barefootin' was a problem since Tim plays a very slow version of it while the versions I know are Brownsville Station and mostly Pete Townsend's version from 1985.  These old legends seem to play the more slower version and somehow I have to figure out who to gradually get into their tempo.  The story of my life, too loud, too overbearing or too fast.  I can't win either way.  When you're playing with Hall Of Famers approaching seventy I can see why they slow down but to be honest, the Pete Townsend version was faster and the one that I am  more used to playing. It's hard to break away from a fast to slow version of some songs,  it cannot be helped, Barefootin' should be a  mid tempo backbeat, not a death march snare tap. 


Troy Mitchell and Ian Jacoby showed up but left after the first break. Kimberly showed up later and paired up with Tim Kauffman for the final set.  DJ Hovenstot and Kimberly Kay were there.  So did Rocky Smith who got to jam with the Firegirl.  I later caught up with him at Kwik Star, to which I picked the Kwik Star that had no tea available.  Another fucking wrong Kwik Star picked  again. 

By the time I got to Stone City, they were wrapping up. Dave said they had a good crowd at the beginning but when I got there they were all gone.  Carl Meiners, Mikey Frederick, Rick Wngle and Danny Trumm were there.  But I decided it was too late and didn't play any acoustic songs.  Which is just as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.