Wednesday 21 June 2017

Checkers Jam 6/21/17-Protest Tunes

Checkers Acousta Crabby Jam

Hosts: Cathy Spina/Lorie Parker

Setlist:

Let Your Love Flow (Lorie Parker: Backing Vocals)
Don't It Make You Wanna Dance
Get It Over With
Ring Of Fire

With:

Cathy Spina
Lorie Parker
Carl Meiners
Tommy Bruner
Mike Clair
Jeff Craft
Barb Myers

Not exactly a great day.  It had to rain so I couldn't mow the yard and the Folk Hootenanny got rained out as well. You would think Mother Nature would leave the GD storms out of my jams for one time.  It didn't help that Trump was in town, blocking off the highways and by ways and Barb Myers couldn't get out of Wright Brothers Blvd since the idiot squad had things blocked off.  I didn't see much of a need to go protest the Failed Reality Star as he clogged up the downtown area.  I basically came through Mount Vernon Rd and the back way into New Bo.  I thought about a walk but once again the rains changed all of that, so I tried the new Mexican place where the Chrome Horse/Big Dogs used to be at.  Too preppy for me.

Tonight's jam was supposed to be protest music but as you can tell, neither For What It's Worth or I Fought The Law were played.  Tommy Bruner, The Bear and Jeff Craft later showed up so I didn't get to do a second set of songs. I did back Carl up on a couple of tunes.  The turnout was light due to Steve Black Wolf and a couple others both joining the Trump parade (Steve was protesting, the others were at a Pro Trump Rally).  Don't It Make You Wanna Dance made it's debut, and for the second time ever, Let Your Love Flow got played, this time Lorie Parker doing the backing vocals rather than the lead vocals, had she asked I would have let her do that.   Get It Over With was very sloppy and I missed a few chords and had a false start.  Cathy made a funny comment and I cracked up soon afterward.  Take Two!

Belinda and Mark were not present tonight.  There were some fun moments but I don't think my set really stood out very much. Highlight was Tommy and The Bear doing a few choice covers.  Cathy called them Bare Tommy which got a laugh of the folks.  Next week it is Dan Hartman doing the jam but Rumors is starting up another Wednesday Night jam, this time with Bart Carfizzi hosting.  I'm nor sure if the blues jam with Tim Wiley is going on.  I have to ask him next time I see him.  On a side note, Bart's Rumors Acoustic Jam falls on the same Wednesday Night  that Julie hosts the Checker's Acoustic Jam.  Not exactly a good thing.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.