Wednesday 28 June 2017

Checkers Jam-Riding The Storm Out Part 2

Checker's Acoustic Jam Hosted By Dan Hartman


(Photo: Cathy Spina)

Songs:


Everybody's Talking
I Fought The Law
If I Were A Carpenter
Let's Work Together
Ring Of Fire


(Eddie Jarrell from Wild Bill And The Pony Express Band)

With:
Mike Frederich-Banjo
Eddie Jarrell-Bass

Also I helped play guitar for.

Dan Hartman
Cathy Spina
Lorie Parker
Skip Richards
Mark Awad
Donna Jo Eisley
The Cello player
Derek: The Trumpet Player


(Central City/Prairieburg tornado 6/28/17: Deb Zumbach: Photo)

Leave it to mother nature to throw her wrath at us once again.  We had a tornado that tore through a path from the outskirts of Alburnett to Central City and then to Prarieburg to which part of that town got leveled.  It might have been a EF 2 tornado, I don't know.


(Praireburg Tornado 6/28/17: Photo Courtesy of KWWL)

For the jams, Bart hosted one at Rumors but by the time I got done with the Checkers' showcase and made it there, he was already packed up and gone. It really doesn't make much sense to have two jams on the same night.  That was tried three times before and none of them worked out.  Also the tornadoes in the area and severe weather didn't help either.  Whatever the case may be, the next time he attempts to do this will be when Dreams Of Arcadia hosts the Checker's jam. I like Bart but I'm more dedicated to the Checker's one.  I like the atmosphere better at Checkers.


(Jordan's Grove Tornado 6/28/17)

Once again, I played a safe song list, no originals this time out.  It's getting to the point that doing songs like Everybody's Talking or Ring Of Fire works better than say anything off the new album.  People seem to like the played songs better too.   This doesn't exactly bode well for any debut of new originals but I'm sure I'll try a few out on the next Whittier Jam.

It's the first time I got to jam with Eddie Jarrell on bass.  He's a veteran of many bands (most recently Wild Bill And The Pony Express) and pretty much followed me without any problems. Usually Mike helps me out on one or two songs but this time out he played banjo to all of the songs.  Mark Assad and Skip Richards would later show up, leaving us with three able bodied bass players.

The only drummer that was there.  Your's truly

(Aftermath of Central City/Prairieburg Tornado 6/28/17)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.