Saturday 10 June 2017

Recording Session 11

Hoarder House Of Hits-6/9/17

Songs

She's About A Mover
Listen to Her Heart
Jimmy Brown The Newsboy

Producer: Rodney Smith/Terry Bainbridge
Recording: Martin Daniels

With: Geoff Redding, Martin Daniels

It seemed easy to record She's About A Mover but the damn guitar down riffs was a nightmare to put on record.  When you go freeform, it doesn't mean a smooth transition to overdub, at least not in my book.  Eventually I did a sloppy but presentable take of that.  Jimmy Brown was another problem, I couldn't recite the lyrics and don't know how many times I had to retake after fucking up the words, (I swear the morning paper rather than sell and other halfassed notions.)  I could have settled on it after take 5 but thought I could improve on the song, 10 takes later it got done.

At least Listen To Her Heart was not as problematic.  That was a one take.

As I continue to labor through some cover songs, I was going over some new ideas to present to Julie the next time I seen her.  We're supposed to get together Saturday Night which I decided to forgo the Whittier Acoustic Jam just to spend time with her.  Going out on the date with a musician takes a lot of planning and patience and since she has to do gigs to get some income, I have to let her do just that and keep out of the way.  I do miss sharing the stage with her on acoustic jams, we haven't done that since last Wednesday.  She remains a captivating vocalist.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.