Friday 22 September 2017

Acousta Crabby Jam-Long Branch 9/22/17

Songs;

Drawn In The Dark
Let It Go
Switch Board Susan
Everybody's Talking/
Cinnamon Girl
Logic And Lies
Light My Fire

With Tony Nickels on Percussion

Encore:
Blue On Black
Dyer Maker
Like A Hurricane
Wicked Game

With:
Ed Butler-Lead vocal on Dyer Maker, Wicked Game, Lead Guitar on the rest of encore songs
Mark Randolph-Lead vocal on Like A Hurricane
Tony Nickels-Lead Vocals on Blue On Black, percussion on Like A Hurricane

Drawn In The Dark makes its debut.

This jam featured three songs from Logic And Lies, Drawn In The Dark made it's debut and as per say I floundered on some of the chords particularly the bridge before and after the instrumental part. Not that anybody noticed, it was an original song. I was dealing with a amp chord that had a short in it, cutting off some of the songs.  In fact on Switch Board Susan I was basically strumming chords to see if Tony could fix the problem.  And I did play around with the arrangements of songs, doing Everybody's Talking and then changed over to Cinnamon Girl.  And then after Logic And Lies concluded my set with Light My Fire.

The highlight was Ed Butler coming up from Riverside on his night off and serenading the jammers and four people in the bar some of his eclectic songs.  I can't think of anybody else doing Britney Spears, Talking Heads, Cyndi Lauper and Price, and Matty Groves from Fairport Convention.   Matty Groves?????? No way!.  Yes Way!  I really dig that when somebody comes out of the ordinary to do something off the cuff.  And Ed has been known to do such off the wall stuff.  For the encore, we did four songs, and ended things with Wicked Game to which Ed's soaring vocals made this song the perfect ending to this jam, although Mark stayed on stage to do Kansas City.

For myself, I couldn't top Wicked Game.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.