Thursday 21 September 2017

Artisan sanctuary Showcase

Artisan Sanctuary Acoustic Showcase 9/21/17

Hosted by Jim Jacobmeyer
Sound by Patrick Lower

Songs:

Does It Matter
Everybody's Talking
Logic And Lies

I have done the acoustic jams at Checkers and they do mostly the same bar songs that you hear elsewhere and I try to mix things up whenever I can.  The Artisan Sanctuary Acoustic Showcase is a bit more different.  This one tends to be a bit more artsy, has comedians and people reading poetry and karaoke.  It's does feel different.

Without the support of the regulars from Checkers or Whittier I had to win over a whole set of folks. And I was nervous, more nervous than before but the small crowd actually liked the songs especially Logic And Lies.  And I got to see some cool jammers and made new friends along the way.  Namely Colton, a youngster who asked me to help him out on Cinderella's Don't Know What You Got to which I told I didn't know how to play that song.  He eventually picked a couple of tracks to do and for a youngster, he was very good vocals, probably the best vocals that I have heard anybody that did Karaoke.

I could have done another song but since I was new to the group, I decided on three songs, and Does It Matter was a warm up song.  I had the cheat sheets but didn't need them on Everbody's Talking, it's getting to the point I know the words by heart but I kept confusing Logic And Lies with Drawn In The Dark. Eventually I figured out the chords for Logic And Lies and did that.

The Acoustic Jam on Thursday happens every other week, next one is October 5th to which if we're not too busy I might try it again.  I should be familiar with the place enough now to be more comfortable on stage next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.