Monday 18 September 2017

Rumors Jam:I Love Rock And Roll

Rumors Jam-Double Bass Happening (at least for a song)

With:

Buddy Archbremner-Guitar
Mike Clair-Guitar
Dan Johnson-Bass (Tush)
Jeremiah Murphy-Bass
Karie Skogman-Lead vocal on I Love Rock And Roll (pictured below)
A new girl singing Summer Of 69
Tommy Bruner-Host Guitarist
Terry McDowell-Host Drummer



Songs:

Tush
Summer Of 69
I Love Rock And Roll

Notes: Ryan And Julie returned after the Mosquitoes attack of last night but I didn't jam with them. Wasn't happy with the decision made by the host,  but I did stick around to hear their song list. I stayed  there to support Julie and Ryan.  They took the time to come see us play in Vinton the other night.  Afterwards, Julie brought Franklin, her doggie up to the jam.  So I had to go see him.

It was fun to have hall of famer Karie Skogman come up and sing I Love Rock And Roll for the final song of my set.   I only had two bass players in my set, Dan Johnson sang on Tush and played bass and took a break,  Jeremiah stayed in for the full set. Very fluid and smooth player.

A woman, Sharon came up to me after my appearance and complimented me on how well I played. That made me smile.


It was fitting to end the night on I Love Rock And Roll and the era of playing drums at Rumors on Sundays.  This does not mean that I'm hanging up the drumsticks, you should know me better than that.  For the past few months I have been more and more getting into playing guitar and finding my way through acoustic jams in town.  I have yet to see what the Stone City jam is all about.  I only live about 5 miles away from there.  Or give the Cooters jam a second chance.  I might have disagreements with Terry on what songs to play or people to jam with but he has treated me quite well  And was kind enough to like my FB site of music and provide a few comments along the way. I will continue to support his band from time to time and check up on him on a Sunday afternoon if I have nothing going on.  I'll give Terry this, at least he was instrumental in pairing me up with Belinda James, little did we know that in those early songs that we did, we would manage to somehow start up a band which would become The EGADS!

To which I thank him for that.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.