Wednesday 22 November 2017

Checkers Acousta Crabby Showcase-Mark Awad Returns

The songs:

Poor Poor Pitiful Me
The Race Is On
I Won't Back Down
Fever
Summertime Blues
Tulsa Time
Just To Satisfy You (Snippet)
Love's Made A Fool Out Of You
Everybody's Talking
For What Its Worth
Let's Work Together
First Cut Is The Deepest

With:

Mark Awad-Bass
Willie Morris-Guitar
Donna Jo Eisner-Backing Vocal (For What It's Worth, Let's Work Together)

And The Sirenz

Cathy Hart
Lorie Parker
Barb Myers



Photo: Cathy Hart
Barb Myers, R. Smith, Lorie Parker, Willie Morris, Donna Jo, Mark Awad



Checker's Bar 11/22/17  Hosted by Hart/Parker

Interesting night to start out with.  I wanted some great Chinese food so I had supper at Crossroads Bistro and there was Rick Clay and Troy Mitchell from Four Day Creep with Rick's wife Andi and their daughter.  A friend Jason popped up later.  Troy and Jason ended up getting some of the hottest food out there and it was so spicy hot that Troy ended up hiccuping after a while.  Nice of them to invite me over to their table for a while.  They were off to Dennis McMurrin's birthday bash and from what I heard the place was packed.  Happy birthday Daddy O!

Since it was Thanksgiving Eve not a lot of jammers showed up but for the first time since the Cabin Jam at Troy Mills, Mark Awad came out and played bass on my segment along with Willie who is part of the country band The Gamblers.  Cathy was dealing with a cold and didn't sing much tonight. I played the Guild while standing up, it's hard to do when I don't have a guitar strap and had to basically hold my guitar in a death hold.   This was the first time that I jammed with Mark since the Cabin Jam in Troy Mills this summer and it was great to see him again. He added a bass solo to For What Its Worth and Willie did an extended guitar solo on Everybody's Talking.

Nothing really new and I'm getting better at covering up the mistakes to the words.  I still can't figure out how to sing The Race Is On but I do okay with the chorus. Steve Black Wolf was missing tonight so I did I Won't Back Down.  Without Belinda or Julie around, I end up doing Fever in a boogie sort of way.  Carl Meiners wasn't around and he might have migrated to Arizona for the winter. With Abigail Bunker, we had the same amount of players as we did last week, 8.

Next up: The Long Branch on Friday.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.