Wednesday 20 December 2017

Acousta Crabby Acoustic Jam At Checkers 12/20/17

Song List:

Heard It In A Love Song*
The Last Time
For What Its Worth
Everybody's Talking
Life
Long Hard Road
Your Cheatin Heart
Folsom Prison Blues
Boobyful

With:
Greg Mein-Lead Vocals*, backing vocals, lead guitar
Brenda Hoskins-Mein-Piano on The Last Time
Donna Jo Eisner-Backing vocals (For What It's Worth, Everybody's Talking)
Carl Meiners-Lead vocals and guitar (Life-Folsom Prison Blues)
Lorie Parker-Lead vocals on Boobyful, backing vocals; Your Cheatin Heart)
Cathy Hart-Backing vocals, mandolin and guitar (Life-Boobyful)
I played guitar and sang lead on The Last Time-Everybody's Talking) Congas on the rest.

Also:
Steve Black Wolf and Sofia Chesney did a couple songs earlier, which I played congas

It's A Heartache
Daydream
Feliz Navidad

Tommy Bruner was there to sing a few numbers including a Steve Earle cover, Someday.

Tim Canfield stopped over to say Hello.


Donna Jo with a friend of hers Teri Johnson
(in the back is Lorie Parker, Myself, Greg Mein and Brenda Hoskins-Mein.  I'm thinking we just got done Heard It In A Love Song)

It was Carl's birthday celebration and plenty of folks were there.  There was a teenager that was there two weeks ago and came back and did about a half hour of covers.  Greg and Brenda were on hand, and Brenda was under the weather, just like so many people.  Her voice gave out after Stop Draggin My Heart Around.

Due to the lateness of the jams, I limited myself to three songs to which Greg helped out.  Basically the three songs that I could remember the lyrics except for one flubbed line.   Donna Jo popped up to help sing the backing vocals to For What Its Worth and Everybody's Talking.   And then the birthday boy Carl relieved me and of course he had to do Your Cheating Heart, to which Cathy Hart had to be her funny self and had us all laughing with her antics.


(Teri Johnson: Photo.  D.J., Carl Meiners, Greg Mein)

The jam lasted longer than usual, ending at 10 25 actually.  A good time was had by all.

Notes:  This jam marked one whole year since I started playing guitar on stage in front of people after 35 years of learning how to play guitar.  It's amazing how far I have come to play songs and getting kudos from other people.   Joe Hutchcroft and Skip Richards were the original guys to back me up and they remain a vital part of my music history.   I have come a long way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.