Thursday 14 December 2017

Artisan Acoustic Showcase 12/14/17

Setlist:


Listen To Love
Be With Me
Get It Over With
Logic And Lies

(Photo gallery by Jim Jacobmeyer)



Tommy Bruner showed up and really gave some words of encouragement.  He said that I should consider playing more guitar at future shows rather than just drums only.   He was in the neighborhood checking out the Sirenz at Ramsey's then came down to the Sanctuary to play a couple songs, although he didn't have his own guitar I offered the Guild but he opted for Phil Koeing's Fender Stat instead.



It was a musician's crowd. nothing but musicians supporting one another but I thought it was one of the best showcases that we had, including Colton Thompson and his amazing vocal on the karaoke songs.  He talked about going on the X Factor and doing something there.  I think he got the vocal chops to pull it off.



Note: Stuart Pershing was one of the newcomers to the jam.  But I have seen him play the Whittier Jam a couple months ago.




Phil Koening


Jim Jacobmeyer mentioned that this was the best open mic jam ever even though we had a musician's crowd.  There was a couple of flubs on my part but my set got a good reaction from the folks who showed up.  I know having Tommy close the jam was the perfect ending.  He does quite well with the Past Masters and covers but his originals are even better.

On the way home, I made a brief hello at Ramsey's to see Sirenz, the band of Cathy, Lorie and Barb who finished up their set and still were up there.


Rumors Sunday Jam

Two Songs

Kim Trevellion-Lead vocal on Drift Away
Tommy Bruner-Lead guitar, lead vocal on Superstition
Mike Clair-Lead Guitar
Jeremiah Murphy-Bass Guitar
I did drums.

Thanks to Jean Gilmore, Brenda Snow, Rick Wiegal, Tim Canfield, DJ Hovenstat, Herm Sarduy, Kim Mishmash, Mike Lint, Jim Reisner and Terry McDowell for the fun.

Julie Gordon was missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.