Sunday 10 December 2017

Sunday Funday Rumors Jam

With

Greg Mein-Lead Vocals and guitar
Brenda Hoskins-Mein-Keyboards and vocals
Michael Clair-Guitar
Jeremiah Murphy-Bass
R.Smith-Drums

Songs:

Mary Jane's Last Dance
Breakdown
Little Wing
The Weight


Host: Terry McDowell.
Tommy Bruner-Host Guitarist

Jeff Overly-Sax and vocals beforehand.

A quiet get together today.  Not a lot of jammers and Rob Haskell and Trevor Worcel were the other two drummers on board today.   Jeff Overly came up from Ft. Madison to play and had to leave at 6 to get home so we didn't partake in any jams.

Greg and Brenda showed up at 6 and relived a tired Tommy Bruner to finish the final half hour of this jam.  They started out with The Last Time and Stop Draggin My Heart Around to which Trevor didn't quite to make of the melody.  He also sat in on Amie and the forth song which escapes me.  Could have been a Tom Petty song.

The first two numbers were Tom Petty numbers of course.  Brenda didn't bring the flute so we basically stayed with the other numbers.  Plus we got to do The Weight.  I've been chompin at the bit to play that song live with them.


I chatted with Jim Reisner from Flawed Logic for a bit and then Greg and Brenda before checking on Julie's puppy as I made my way back home.  Now that Julie is a regular part of this life we been trading song ideas to do.  She decided on Unchained Melody, the old Righteous Brothers hit that made the charts on the Ghost movie many years ago.  This comes from a woman that used to do Warm Leatherette by Grace Jones or Dominance And Submission by BOC.   Nothing ever surprises me from Julie and knowing what she can do.

For the past year I been documenting the live shows and jams as a reference of what songs to play and the people have come into this musical journey. And document The Townedgers but as the year passed  by, it seems I have shifted over to a solo career and leaving Geoff and Martin in the past.  The different jams, Whittier, Waubeek, The Cabin Jam, and the Rubies Benefit Part 1 to which part 2 I was too ill to play.  And of course The Checker's Jam.   Somehow in me documenting this year's journey that somehow Julie became much more involved in the music, as well as life itself.  Never saw that coming.   I knew we had a good musical connection on stage.  But never thought that she would set her sights on me.   Somehow she would not let me go quietly into the night.  While jamming with the rest of the musicians out there, I made no secret of who my favorite singers are.  The EGADS! may have been my own band but I felt a sense of pride of playing a half set with Julie And The Mad Dogs and enjoyed sharing music together with Julie most of all.   I might have participated on  jams and songs with other singers but Julie was the one that I had the most fun with. She made it a priority to get me to smile and she succeeded.

More than she knows.

(Thanks Terry for letting me close the Sunday Jam)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.