Thursday 28 December 2017

The Final Show Of Logic And Lies-Artisan Sanctuary 12/28/17

Song List:

Logic And Lies
Drawn In The Dark
If I Were A Carpenter
Get It Over With
Mercury Blues
The One That Knows Me Best
Teri, My Love


With:
Colton Thompson, Ed Butler, Stuart Pershing, Demerits Harris

Jim Jacobmeyer: host
Patrick Lower: Sound guy between here and the bar for some band playing next door.



What started as a year long tour of acoustic jams and gigs ends on a snowy evening at the Sanctuary in front of 10 people.  I  have gotten used to the musician's crowd, and since it's still a holiday week and the snow and cold has come along, I didn't think we would have much of a crowd.  I think the best crowd I've seen was Whittier or Waubeek although I left the Rumors jam out of the equation.
This was basically the guitar side of things.  Despite the snow and cold Ed Butler did pop up from Riverside and so did Stuart Pershing but I left during Stu's set to grab a pizza and chat with Tony Nickles before going home.

I had no problems with the first two songs and did a false take on Get It Over With while trading barbs with Colton.  Colton got himself a new job detailing cars and has to get up at 5 AM just to get there, so he had to call it an early evening.  Patrick had to do sound for a blues band two doors down so he didn't do any of his songs.  I could have made it a headlining thing since Ed and Stuart were the only other performers (Demerits  came late to the party) but decided to do a 20 minute set including the song that won Jim Jacobmeyer over right off the bat.  I replaced the strings on the Ibanez and that became my go to guitar.  I did bring the Guild just in case Julie felt well enough to play but the weather played a role, and  she had to work so I didn't plan on her being there.  She went above and beyond the call of duty last night.

The One That Knows Me Best got debut for the first time but somehow I couldn't get the final line of that song at the end of the final chorus.  But I did conclude my set with a good version of Teri and then turned it over to Ed, were he surprised us with Camarillo Brillo from Frank Zappa.  Stuart then did a few interesting songs (Seven Turns, Two Hangman) and even a version of Every Mother's Son from Skynyrd, a song that I have practiced singing but never did play that one live yet.

And so it ends.  For 2017 that is.   Next year will bring more surprises and more jams along the way.  But for now I think I'll take the rest of this year off.

Thanks everybody!  It's been a great year!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.