Thursday 6 August 2020

Sanctuary With Freddy Jones

Artisan Sanctuary Songs:

Satisfied Mind
Six Days On The Road
Floodlands
The Life We Lead
Baby What You Want Me To Do
Let's Work Together
Good Time Charlie Got The Blues

With Freddy Jones on Harmonica. on 5-7




The Artisan Open Mic had plenty of folks keeping it going till 10 30.  This was not one of my better nights.  First of all, I couldn't find the lyrics to At The Crossroads, to which I was working on this afternoon to finish up the Townedgers album, and then found out the main guitar was the one out of tune.  So we'll have to redo that song.

Second of all, it took about 15 minutes from the end of Pat Lower's Karaoke segment and the beginning of my set.  I had a air bubble in my throat that made me screw up the first words to Floodlands so I did a take two.  After The Life We Lead, I invited Freddy Jones to help me salvage the end of my fateful set of songs.  Cyndi, my new friend, said that my set was pretty good.  Which meant that I covered up my mistakes and nobody noticed them much.  At least I didn't break a guitar string.  Lee Kohl did that on his first song.   Ed Butler finished the show.

It did help having Freddy Jones up there on harmonica.  He smoothed things out towards the end.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.