Sunday 16 August 2020

Stone City-After The Storm

Songs:

Fox On The Run
Cheating Songs
Ring Of Fire
Jet Airliner
Running In The Rain
Logic And Lies
Everybody's Talking
Rock Me Baby
Cinnamon Girl

Richard Budde-Played drums on all songs

With:
Guitar Dave, Maki Dervo, Mike Frederick, Bill Schlatter, Bart Bock and Danny Trumm

Monday's Shit Storm wiped out the livelihood of many people in the CR Marion area.  My band mates Brian and Kristopher's house had part of the roof torn off and still without power for the past week.  Julie had the same fate with no power.  And my parents as well.  This shit storm is the worst event that I ever lived through.

Stone City didn't suffer much, like where I was at.  We lost power for 18 hours but got it going on Tuesday Morning.  I didn't have to work till Friday.  And Sunday they had the Stone City Acoustic Showcase, tho we only had seven performers.

For the most part, I stayed with the familiar and had Richard played drums behind me.  I heard I did one of the best blues song in Rock Me Baby and I will take them at their word for it.  Dave Bonham was in tow (Julie opted to stay home with her furbabies) and we had supper at the Las Tres Argaves in Anamosa.  The service the usual.

I'm surprised I did nine songs.  But I could have stayed for an encore.  But to be honest, I really had nothing left.  I did get a kick out of having a caterpillar on my guitar for Ring Of Fire.

Interesting to say the very least. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.