Monday 31 August 2020

Thoughts From The Townedger-August Wind up

The month showed promise with the Two Babes And The Crabb Acoustic Adventures on the first Sunday but Kimberly proved to be a no show.  She was there in Marion for the open mic but when she saw Guitar Dave there, she took off.  The No Limits Blues Band turned out to be a bust.  I think we did well when we shared the stage but I doubt if I would see anything more come out of this.




This is the month that our morning glories come out and stay out longer than usual.  A sign that winter is coming fast and I will lose these by the end of the month.



The shitstorm we had three weeks ago changed the towns forever.  We lost about 80 percent of the trees in CR/Marion and other places didn't fare as well.  It also tore a hole on the roof over at Brian n Kristopher's place in Norway.  Blues Rox does have a garage sessions going on this Saturday.  It might be the last time we get together.   In my case bands that I have played in usually last a year at best, but with the Corvid 19 virus going on and now the Shitstorm that came up, we have not had much for gigs, and promised blues get festivals were canceled.   So we may cut our losses and move on to other things.   Regardless, I still remain committed to Blues Rox.

I think the lack of blues jams have been the cause of less satisfying performances.  Kristopher has a lot of potential and promise in the future and I enjoy watching him shred from the stage.  I hope there'll be more Blues Rox  in the future.  I usually leave bands after a while but not this one.  Even I gave up when Tyrus/Paraphernalia went stale. 

I'm happy to see Julie is back playing again, she and Guitar Dave have reunited for some acoustic dates.  The Dreams Of Arcadia project?   Not this year.   She did ask about wanting to sing for Blues Rox.  That's why I love her.  The best voice in this town.  There are some good ones in Amanda Marshall, and Karie Skogman, but as far as I'm concerned, when Julie's on, nobody tops her.

Our governor is a fucking idiot.  Kegger Kim Reynolds has fucked up the music scene since March and she fucked up the Shitstorm.  And still kept the schools open.   Iowa is number 1 for Corvid cases.  Fine job you're doing Kegger Kim, have another beer or three.



Kanye West, if you thought Trump was dumb, Kayne just made him smart by running for President.  It's a circus and another bad reality shit star and worthless rapper, trying to steal the election for another four years of the bad reality star.   Social media has bought out the worst in people and made stars out of cesspool vermin that should remain in the sewer.   We are seeing the world being torn apart and Trump and West are fuel to the fire.  I'm not a fan of Creepy Joe, but I'm not going to waste a vote on somebody that doesn't give a fuck for you or me.  That includes Mr. Autotuned Chipmunk.

If we don't get the blues back to the bars this year, we won't have them ever again.  The likes of Daddy O McMurrin, Skeeter Louis and Kevin Burt will be silenced.   I hate that.  The lack of the blues jam is just cause why our band hasn't done much of late.  Daddy O hasn't been in the best health of late, and the way 2020 is shaping up, he may not be long for this planet.  Or maybe even myself.  We all are getting old, we don't have that much time left either.  I just wish we can better weather and not all this climate change crapola that is killing us all.

I can still play with anybody on stage, nobody talks politics at jams.  I have hard core Left wingers, I have hard core Right Wing Trumpers, but as long we keep silent on that, the music will go on.  In the case of Kimberly, I don't hold out any hope of being in her band, but if she wants to sing on the open mic days, I won't say no. 



The Cabin Jam was postponed, Bill Elsner had eye surgery, the shitstorm took out their place in town and the Corvid threat was too great to overcome.   It was a shame tho.  the weather on Saturday was perfect.

I think I finally found a decent personal CD player to replace the Discman that died last month.  I pray that this one will last a while.  I got a lot of cds to catch up on.  I think next month we'll finally wrap up the new Townedger album.  Till next month.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.