Sunday 30 August 2020

Stone CIty-Karl Hudson Presents

Songs

Fox On The Run
At The Crossroads
Never Trust A Sleeping Train
Every Mothers' Son
Willin'
Jet Airliner


(Phil Bo, Diana and yours truly practicing social distancing, Diana Conwell-Koening: photo credit)

Karl Hudson hosted the Stone City Open Mic.  I'm always glad when he does for he has a great PA and Monitor system that really sounds good.  I fell into a trance on the final song Jet Airliner, tho I didn't break out of A D E pattern that much.

Danny Trumm n his wife was there, so was Bill Sclatter, Maki Dervo, Mike Fredrick and Freddy Jones.  Tommy Bruner stopped down said hello.  Don't know if he played tho.  There were a couple others but by then I was off to Anamosa to walk around the track field before sundown and supper at Los Tres Agaves, after I was done, they shut the lights off.

Saturday, I stopped to see the Skeeter Davis All Stars with Nate Hines, Eric A Douglas and Dan Johnson helping.  First time I've seen Skeeter since March.  Later on, ran into Phil Bo and Diana at Bo Macs for the Newt And Zoot duo.  Then had my ears tortured by Trophy Dads at the Chrome Horse.   You can tell a band stinks when they are loud.  The louder they are, the worse they sound.
Still, they are playing and any band that score a paying gigs in these times are doing something right.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.