Thursday 16 September 2021

Checkers' Long Lunch With Kat Blue and Billy Bourbon.

Songs:

Ring Of Fire
Fox On The Run  
Going Down That Road
I Fought The Law   
Help Me
For What Its Worth
My Baby Loves Me
Stop Dragging My Heart Around

Billy Bourbon-Electric drum beats
Kat Blue-Lead Vocal on My Baby Loves Me and Stop Dragging My Heart Around

With:
Carl Meiners, Freddy Jones, David Kirzan, Pam Harrington, Murray and Brett Johnson. 





I find it hard to believe Billy Bourbon never heard me play guitar and sing but he might have forgotten the Urban Pie jam of a few years ago.

This was the part of the month that Kimberly hosted the jam with No Limits Band, a collective of all stars helping her cause.  She did need to have the support, the road construction has kept a few people away from the jams.  Since I couldn't get the night off, Billy stepped in to co host.  He did the John Lee Hooker toe tap as bass drum.

For the songs themselves, the usual safe ones tho Going Down The Road was improvised and thought up on the spot.  I couldn't find a song that I could play the melody.    Kimberly did Gold Dust with Billy, so I chose Stop Draggin My Heart Around for the finale and had to get back to work.  Even Pam said that I sounded great tonight.

Sounds good to me. 

Ring Of Fire had some technical difficulties, Billy thought the guitar amp battery was dead.  It wasn't. The sound system they have sucked.  I went home and tried the guitar out on my regular amp.  It played through okay. I Fought The Law was slowed down, Jet Airliner sped up and messed up.  And I don't have a problem having Kimberly sing.  The more she sings, the less that I do.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.