Wednesday 29 September 2021

Whisky Jo's-Ending Things On A Up Note

Songs:

Ain't Living Long Like This
Long Black Veil
The Same (A Billy Bourbon Original)
Honky Tonk Woman

Billy Bourbon-Lead Vocal and guitar
Tommy Bruner-Lead Guitar
Dave Bonham-Bass
R.Smith-Drums
Terry McDowell-Host




Last week, I bailed early for a the baseball playoffs.   There were no other drummers.  This week, Bob Miller played and Ronnie Boles from the Route 66 Band came up from Marshalltown to play drums and sing.    This was my last showing to play on a weeknight before heading back to evenings and dealing with fall processing.   I never knew the title of Billy's original and thought it was All Along The Watchtower, which had the same sound.

With Ronnie appearing, it made my set very short.  Dave Bonham played lead earlier with Sir Bob on drums, then switched to bass later on.  

Afterwards, Terry mentioned that the Wed. night jam will continue.  I hope to take a long lunch to make a few of them before the year is out.




Tammie Unash, Dee Vieman, DJ Maus, Greg Nost, Tom Berdo (who took the photos), Joe Mullinex, Garry Markley, Jeff Brown, Bill Whalen, Donna Jo and Bill Elsner and Freddy Jones were part of the crowd.

Sir Bob and Ronnie Boles really crashed the Rudes tonight.  I'm sure Tommy went home with a earache.  Even with earplugs I could hear the crashes pretty clear.  I could tell Tommy had a good time with me behind the drums, we shook and said great job to each other and to Billy too.   If anybody dented the splash, that would have been Ronnie.

Sir Bob Miller is filling in on drums for Full Circle.   Which is cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.