Wednesday 8 September 2021

Tyler/Downing: A Date With The Blues






Songs.

Behind Blue Eyes (For Dave Bonham)
Help Me
It's Hurts Me Too
Let's Work Together
Cinnamon Girl
For What Its Worth
You Ain't Going Nowhere

Jim Myers-Drums
Phil Koening-Lead Guitar
Dakota McWhortor-Guitar on the last three songs
Bill Schettler-Host and Lead vocal on You Ain't Going Nowhere.
Bill the harmonica player-Harmonica on You Ain't Going Nowhere.
Jan Hoag-Backing vocals on You Ain't Going Nowhere.

Dave Bonham, Bill the harmonica player, Diana Koening, Mike Murphy, Randy Jensen. Chuck Savage, Lenny Drake were in attendance. With the exception of Diana, all the before mentioned played earlier.




Mike and Randy came down from Waterloo to play in our little acoustic showcase.  This was Jim Myers last performance on drums before he goes back to California.  So I drafted him to play on my songs, tho he was gracious in saying I could play drums.  And, bless his heart, he bought supper again. I gotta love the guy for that.

This was a full band with Phil Bo and Jim doing the work, Dakota came up later to play on Work Together and Cinnamon Girl.  Dave Bonham (Bless his heart) wanted to hear Behind Blue Eyes so I managed to sing that and remembered 99 percent of the words.

Bill Schettler hosts this second Wednesday of the month open mic and Randy mentioned that Jameson's has theirs on the same night we have to get there early to play.  He took over the T and D open mic from Ron LaFleur and told me about it still being on.  Therefore, since I was in town earlier in the day, it was decided that Whisky Jo's would be a pass, unless the kids from the Sunday Patio Jam were going to be there or Kristopher.  Nobody mentioned anything tho.

Bill (the harmonica player)  and the woman singer (forgot her name, maybe Diana will remember her name when she posts the pictures so she can get credit for being there) loved the blues segment, tho I did have the songbook with me, but I left it out in the car and improvised on the blues numbers of Help Me and It Hurts Me Too.  I think Bill and her were part of Switchback, but my memory is getting less and less these days. 

As for Cinnamon Girl, Dakota played the tag ending perfectly. 

The final song was Bill singing You Ain't Going Nowhere with those still around.  I think in the end, I'll do my best to help Bill keep this going.  Tho, fall processing will be forthcoming and my time will have to pick and choose the next time.  

For a guitar only performance, it was great to have Jim sit in, just like having Bob sit in yesterday.  They are the reason why jams are fun. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.