Wednesday 15 September 2021

Whisky Jo's-With Tanya and Ed English And The Mandela Effect

Songs:

Shake Your Moneymaker
Spoonful
Fever
In The Midnight Hour
Up On Cripple Creek 
You Don't Know How It Feels
Knockin' On Heaven's Door
Creep
Messin' With The Kid

Tanya English-Lead Vocals 1-3
Billy Bourbon-Lead Vocals and Guitar the rest of the way
Tommy Bruner-Guitar
Dakota McWhortor-Guitar
Ed English-Bass
Terry McDowell-Host
Freddy Jones-Harmonica
R.Smith-Took a long lunch break.
Donna Jo-Percussion and backing vocals 



(Tommy don't care what you think) ;) 

Back to work and back to a long lunch break, I had to pass being co host for Kimberly on the Checker's Jam on Thursday, I did come in to finish up a blues set featuring Tanya and Ed English, who are playing the Mississippi Valley Blues Festival this week, they're known as the Tanya English Band.  

I have my share of favorite vocals and for blues, Belinda James and Julie Gordon are up there, but Tanya English really knows the blues songs as we were figuring out how to play Shake Your Moneymaker.   She and Ed do have a lot of breaks into those songs, I have to go see them play to see how they actually do the songs.  I  wasn't in best playing mood, being at work and being pissed at everything going wrong, I play too fast, even You Don't Know How It Feels, felt like I was speeding up the tempo, tho nobody complained (a first0.  

A couple of surprises, Billy decided to brush off Radiohead's insufferable Creep and we did it mid tempo. But I was going reggae with Knockin' On Heaven's Door.   I think Ed went along with it.  He's the most fun bass player I ever jammed with since returning.  He reminded me of the days when Russ would ham it up during the Paraphernalia years, but doesn't do that any more. I don't know why.  I don't foresee myself in the future but if Ed n Tanya needs a new drummer for their project, I'll be happy to sign on. 

ZZ Top was in town, so Terry basically held down the drummer's throne, till I got there on my lunch break.  Then played the rest of the way.  We really don't know the future of the Whisky Jo's Wednesday jams, however, I should be there to support the cause the rest of the month.    But there was a decent crowd there tho, Tami Merrick was there as well as the usual crew.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.