Sunday 23 January 2022

Stone City-Rock N Roll

Songs

I Rather Not Cry
Good Time Charlie
Sundown
Slippin Away
What Goes On
I Fought The Law
Never Trust A Sleeping Train
Cinnamon Girl
It Hurts Me Too 

With
Danny Trumm, William Schlettler, Rick Wingle and Dave Bonham.




I took the songbook with me and drove  a bit more deeper into the songs that I don't usually do.  It was another cold January afternoon, and hardly anybody came to play.  I had to leave after my songs to go see my mom.    It is kinda tough not to hang to do more songs, but till my mom gets better, she is my own priority.

We're supposed to get hit once again by yet another polar express, another five below day awaits us on Tuesday.  For a birthday present, this is not needed.  Old Man Winter can shove it up his ass sideways.

A year into being 60 and I find that this year was the hardest to get through and turning 61, it doesn't look any much better either.  I've been known to be a person who is set in his ways but awfully clueless when life throws its worst on me.  I've had COVID for a couple weeks and got over it, watching my mom fall deeper in the Demetria and hating every moment of it and seeing my dad having breathing problems as he tries to get over that too.  My brother is the glue holding the family together. I'm there to watch the house at night, washing the old man's duds, whereas my brother chaffers Dad to the doctor's and to work.  I hope it doesn't get to the point that things deteriorate.  Picking and choosing my jams while working around visits to Sliver Oak Assisted Living and trying to appease the old man bas been a very depressing sort of state.    Shoulder pain and now kidney issues have not helped along with the depression and self doubt.  The music is fun but anything else in life has not.  Hell I cannot enjoy a dinner with Dad without spilling a fucking drink  all over him.  

Nothing is helping. Cold weather, snow, dealing with idiots on the road, red lights, dumbasses going the wrong way down the highway.  It's frustrating.  I can only try my best.  Some folks have it worse.  In this life, being clueless and indecisive does not help.  

Not at all.   



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.