Wednesday 12 January 2022

Whisky Jo-With Mr Shaw

Songs Include

I Love You Too Much
Can't Get Enough
Peaceful Easy Feeling
Long Train Running
Proud Mary
Folsom Prison Blues
Dreams
Pancho And Lefty
Comfortably Numb

Terry McDowell-Host
John Shaw-Guitar and Vocal, 1-6
Dee Vieman-Lead Vocals 5-8
Tommy Bruner-Lead Guitar
Billy Bourbon-Bass
Nick Lnenicka-Harmonica
R.Smith-Drums
Ian Jacoby-Guest vocalist on Comfortably Numb


(Tommy and John)

It has been noted that John Shaw has been coming to the Whisky Jo's jam of the past couple weeks.  Although our relationship is pretentious due to his right wing views, I wouldn't never say no to him.
I really could do without another Can't Get Enough version but at least he's plays it okay. 

It was Dee Vieman's birthday so she got to sing a few songs of note.  Most curious is playing Pancho And Lefty for the second straight night and in a different arrangement.   Ian Jacoby from Four Day Creep came up to help sing Comfortably Numb with Dee.  Tommy did a wonderful lead out at the end and and gave me a wink and a smile after that one.  

A decent crowd was there,  Kimberly sang before I got there and there were two new drummers that played before me, one of them gave me a headache.  

John may have sang one more song before Dee joined up.  Bad Company was attempted but never got off the ground, so we went with the Tina Turner version of Proud Mary.   I'm still dealing with the family health issues of my parents but music can be a healer.  

That's what its supposed to be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.