Friday 28 January 2022

Whisky Jo's-Kat Sings The Blues

Songs:

Cinnamon Girl
Stop Dragging My Heart Around
Tennessee Whiskey/
I'd Rather Go Blind
My Baby Loves Me

Kat Blue-Vocals on 2 to 5




I suppose this is promising, but two weeks into the Acoustic Open Mic with Julie and Guitar Dave, a full slate of people came out to play.  Stuart Pershing played, it was the first time I have seen him play anywhere in over two years.   

I'm not sure how many showed up but I did count about 8 other musicians playing guitar and singing. I did make up a list of about 10 songs to play but by the time I got to play it was after 10 PM.  I never did any of the songs worked on earlier in the day.  Julie was taking videos so I ended up using Kimberly (Kat Blue) on the final numbers, including the medley of Whiskey/Blind numbers.    Cinnamon Girl, usually done at the end of show, was played first in the drop D tuning, which made it sound much better than usual. 

As we come to end of the month, this will be the first time that I didn't play the Sunday Funday Rumors jam, and only played drums at Whisky Jo's once.   I really don't see a need to do a end of month review since I've been catering to the needs of my folks through their health issues.   I do keep up on the updates of who played where at Rumors/Whisky Jo's.  

I do admire Kimberly for coming to Whisky Jo's to support the acoustic cause, even if Julie and Dave are wary of her.  Kimberly and I do have a nice working business relationship  when we play together. Certainly, I'd love to help Julie and Dave as much as I can, but Kimberly has been more receiving and receptive of my musical tastes.  Would it be good to have a project with Kimberly?  If I could find the time.  With family issues, I cannot commit on anything other than a open mic get together.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.