Thursday 20 January 2022

Whisky Jo's-Four Below And Falling

Songs played

Everybody's Talking
Behind Blue Eyes
Fox On The Run
All Along The Watchtower
Light My Fire
Never Trust A Sleeping Train
Cinnamon Girl

Julie Gordon-Percussion on the last three songs

With
Dee Vieman
Rick Wengle
Dave Bonham




In the dead of winter, nobody likes to venture out in below zero temps.  I have had other gigs that the temp was so damn cold nobody showed up.  Three years ago, Dreams Of Arcadia opened for Four Day Creep and nobody showed up for that either.  Buddy Holly had his life ended during a clipper and blizzard.  

I figured Julie and Dave would need some sort of support, so I borrowed Dave's guitar and slugged through seven songs of note.  Julie played the cajole on the last three songs.    Dee was surprised that I did play guitar since she's known me strictly as a drummer. 

It was cold, another artic front gone through another day of below zero temps.  It sucks.  But what sucks even more was driving home and having to deal with the more than usual red lights, semis, stupid drivers and another wrong way driver going down on highway 30 and almost going head on into a semi.  The mentality of some of these idiot drivers are a joke.

The Artisan had Patrick Ticklenburg, John Weldon and Eric Paul playing for a benefit.  Not sure of who showed up but I think they had least 10 people in attendance.   These are tough times for the performer and bars and places to play at.  I do think the Artisan is hurting for donations now.  And another place we played at, the check bounced.   With my situation with Mom and Dad I haven't really been that inspired to play all that much.   Whatever the case may be, week after next, I need to get back to work on a regular basis.  A elderly care helper is very hard work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.