Wednesday 23 August 2017

Acousta Crabby Setlist: Checkers 8-23-17

HOST: Dan Hartman


Songs:

Light My Fire
Just To Satisfy You*
I Always Wanted To Be With You*
Logic And Lies
Sundown
Everybody's Talking
Branded Man
All Along The Watchtower
Summertime Blues
Jet Airliner

Encore:

Can't You See/Sweet Home Alabama Medley
All Along The Watchtower (Steve Black Wolf: Lead Vocals)
Eve Of Destruction (Steve Black Wolf; Lead Vocals)*
Games People Play
Do It
First Cut Is The Deepest
Let Your Love Flow
Amie (Dan Hartman-Lead Vocals)
I'm Ready (Dan Hartman-Lead Vocals)

With:

Steve Black Wolf-Vocals
Eddie Jarrell-Bass
Lorie Parker-Backing Vocals
Carl Meiners-Guitar
Donna Jo Eisner-Backing Vocals and percussion
Dan Hartman-Guitar and vocals

*Debut

When nobody shows up for acoustic jam, you can pretty much run rampant and make it easier on the hosts not having to do many songs.   Dan Hartman hosted, Lorie Parker guest star and Eddie Jarrell helped out Dan on bass.   With 17 songs played it came almost to a full hour set.  I can't say why there wasn't many people there, Dan Hartman has hosted jams before and has been very liberal about me playing a lot of music.  I don't think I played as many as I did tonight, plus an encore.

For new music, Just To Satisfy You was played, even though I practiced it earlier it didn't turn out the way that I wanted it to.  I Always Wanted To Be With You is from the Road Less Traveled in 2002 and was debuted for the first time.  Steve took over vocals for All Along The Watchtower and wanted to do Eve Of Destruction and so we did made it up on the spot and did it without rehearsing. And for a first time, not too bad either.   For the last two songs, Dan sang and I played percussion.

Good thing Carl was there and Steve showed up later.  This may have been the least amount of jammers on a Wednesday Night ever.  I think when Julie and Steve co hosted there was probably a couple more but as always for the least amount of jammers, means more time and more music to do.  We got by all right.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.