Friday 4 August 2017

Longbranch Acousta Crabby Set List

Songs:

It's Just A Notion*
Sundown
Cuts Like A Knife*
All Along The Watchtower**
Everybody's Talking
For What It's Worth
Summertime Blues

I Walk The Line***
It Never Rains In Southern California***
Hard Luck Woman ***+
Knockin On Heaven's Door***+
Turn The Page***+

*Debut
** Mike Nickels-Percussion and host
***Steve Black Wolf-Lead Vocals and Guitar, R. Smith on percussion
+Mark Randolph-Lead Guitar

With

Mike Nickels
Steve Black Wolf
Mark Randolph
Sofia Chesney

Another new song to debut from Logic And Lies and it turned out to be It's Just A Notion.  It went fairly well despite not me playing it and trying to remember how it went before going into the song.  Sundown, this time out was done in E, in the way that Dreams Of Arcadia did it although I added some other guitar riffs to shake things up.  Plus I agree with Ryan Matthew Paul, it's easier to sing and play in E Chord.  Cuts Like A Knife also got the debut although my version was much different the Bryan Adams.

The last three songs were done as a medley. More tinkering with the songs and the format.  Of course it was done as a blatant attempt to extend my time on stage but we didn't that many jammers. Only five showed up and the reason was of concerts going on in town.   I don't think I'd do Summertime Blues after For What Its Worth ever again but it was a hoot doing the John Entwistle monster vocals on the end of the chorus.

A final thought from Ryan Matthew Paul on Sundown.

I did some karaoke shit earlier and decided to do sundown in the original key.. Not only does that watered down, crappy, pseudo-musical, thin, under produced karaoke music ruin the real groove... But it just sucks in F#. I'm with you on the e thing.. from one musician to another... Word.
Sundown in E.
It has been written.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.