Sunday 17 March 2019

Stone City 3/17/19 It Has Been A While

Songs played

All Along The Watchtower
Sundown
Greenback Dollar
Go Out And Get It
Everybody's Talking

Steve Black Wolf-sings background on Everybody's Talking


(Tony Potter: Photo Credit)

I haven't played guitar since the Kevin Moore MC'ed Checkers Jam due to work and being stuck with the walking flu but I managed to overcome the coughs to put together a somewhat decent five song set.  Since I played last night in the Boy Scout Hippies, I had no desire to go into town and deal with a massive crowd at Rumor's to see Crankshaft but Julie and Ryan went for my absence.  But they were going to go anyway.

The songs were safe and I still knew how to play them and the crowd liked them.  Plenty of folks were there, Maki Dervo, Ray Larson, Bill Schlatter, Dave Bonham and Sharon, Danny Dias, Steve Black Wolf and Rocky Smith joined in, and later Ron and Fran popped up before I decided to leave.  I guess it's not working out with the new drummer and tho' I have hoped that the new guy would fit in, Ron was basically begging me to keep open dates on for the weekend.  He admitted that I was the best drummer that played his music in the state, which I thought was quite nice of him to say that. Ah, all in the day's work.  So, I gather, I'll be continuing to be a part of their Saturday gigs for the time being.  After all, Ron has delivered in giving me at least a 100 dollars in anything that we do.  As long as I'm having a good time and as long as the drums hold up, why not continue.


The Wapsi River is flooding all over Stone City and they took down the flag that laid on the old Railroad trestle next to the General Store.  It's a shame that the railroad moved elsewhere but I can't recall ever seeing the railroad tracks across Stone City, that may have been before my time.  The Wapsi haven't fully engulfed the area but it is quite high and some roads are under water. The way it goes.

I let Dervo use my guitar since he forgot to bring his, otherwise I would have been long gone, off to Wally World to pick up more cold meds and grab a Pizza at the BP station.  But I spend a long while talking drums with Rocky and it was great to see Steve back into action.  It's been a while since I talked to him since he discovered his cancer has returned.  He's doing as well as he can but Steve did play a couple of songs I thought about doing.  I could have done them but I don't think we needed a part two of Knocking On Heaven's Door.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.