Tuesday 15 October 2019

Parlor City-Shit Luck Or No Luck

Players:

Bob Gleason-Harmonica
Tommy Bruner-Guitar and Lead Vocals On Midnight Rambler
Doug Ducey-Guitar and Lead Vocal on I Feel Fine
Dan Johnson-Bass and Vocals
Mike White-Vocal on Gone To  Chicago
Randy-Vocal on Your Cheating Heart
Eric Douglas-Host Drummer
This Blogger-Drums on

I Feel Fine
Your Cheating Heart
Gone To Chicago
Midnight Rambler

I don't know what I did to piss off the Gods of this life, but ever since Monday I've been dealing with idiots, red lights, A convoy of semi fucking up the highways, more red lights, more tail gators, more semis that got in the way, more slow poke assholes in front of me and people riding on my ass once again.  I went to Popeye's for lunch and nobody bother to wait on me, so I went down the road to Fuzzy's Tacos, where they took my order and while one cook was out getting rid of the garbage, the other dumbass cooks were on a 15 minute cigarette break.  By the time I got my order, I was five minutes late.

Tuesday: more bullshit.  More red lights, more long red lights, more traffic, semi's etc.  The Goddamn computer at work didn't work, and I got a fucking paper cut on a fucking slitter that kept stopping with false errors.  I basically told our boss Hal, I was taking the night off.

Went to Coralville for a hour, hit more red lights, traffic, etc.  Found a bunch of used CDs, then back on the highway over to Parlor City for a Ceasar's salad and jamming with the boys.  Tommy filled in for Gibby.  And I managed to slop through I Feel Fine, (hard to play without any tom toms) and stumbled through the last part of Midnight Rambler, Tommy was very patient with me.  Mike White came up to tear through Gone To Chicago and a patron did Your Cheating Heart.  Good thing it was a jam, I wasn't exactly on the ball tonight. Ugh.

And while this was going on, somebody took my salad which I wasn't done but my waitress was kind enough to say it was on the house.  For her effort, got a five dollar tip for putting up with me. Bless her heart.

Mike Lint and Dan Hartman played earlier.  Mike can grow a beard quite fast.  Unlike me.

Dedicated to the memory of Gary Thatcher, who passed away on Monday from a long illness.  He was one of the supporting people that showed up at Wrigleyville in 2015 when I returned back to the stage.   A very good guy and supporter of live music and jams.

https://www.murdochfuneralhome.com/obituaries/Gary-Thatcher/?fbclid=IwAR1ITCdat1VEItp6HQykFrjCyAfZO-SQbl1Eo6qz_LtxvwVXESYcvO4QFBI#!/Obituary

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.