Sunday 13 October 2019

Stone City-To The Last Remaining Morning Glory

Stone City Songlist:

It's My Time
Fox On The Run
Ring Of Fire
Realitesville
For What Its Worth
Cinnamon Girl

Rocky Smith-Table Drumming on Ring Of Fire
Donna Jo-Vocals on For What It's Worth
Steve Black Wolf-Backing Vocals-For What Its Worth

Eve Of Destruction
Six Days On The Road
Knocking On Heaven's Door
The One I Love
Turn The Page

Steve Black Wolf-Lead vocals and guitar
Donna Jo-Backing vocal and percussion
Danny Trumm-Harmonica on Turn The Page


(The last surviving morning glory, taken before I left for Stone City)

Carl Meiners, Mae Johnson, Lane Gaffney, Bill Schlatter, Sharon, Cowboy Dan, Bart Bock, Kimberly, Dave and Rocky Smith were the support group. As well as the Stone City faithful.



Lauren came up from Arizona and like Steve Black Wolf went to Molly Jennings' Wedding and reception.  Carl, Lauren, Lane, Bill Schatter, me and Steve are in the picture. This time out, no bunny ears was placed on Steve. ;-)

Susan Akers,  Bill Eisner, Lauren and Donna Jo.  Yours truly is in the back playing guitar and being part of the action.  And forgot to bring his performer hat as well.

Since Lauren was in town and Steve was going out to Stone City, I decided to join the party before going to Julie's place and hang with them for the evening, passing up on double drummer night at Rumors.  Since this was a last minute idea, I decided to use the songs I knew without the songbook.  It's My Time, led things off.   Rocky Smith showed up with his woman friend and we bullshitted for a spell.    Donna Jo then showed up and she was invited to sit in on the songs she knew best, which was For What Its Worth and Steve sang backup vocals.

Mae Johnson was the one that talked me into playing Stone City this afternoon.  Her and her support group has always been supportive of my musical adventures, be it good or bad.  Rocky wanted to hear an original so I played Realitesville.

For an encore, I joined Steve on five songs.  Kimberly arrived after our set,  Lane played guitar for her on  Gold Dust Woman.

There was a good crowd and a bunch of old jammer friends I haven't seen since the Cabin Jam. Sharon mentioned that Dave Bonham was watching football and stayed home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.