Sunday 27 October 2019

Stone City-Back Again

Setlist:

Fox On The Run
I Fought The Law
For What Its Worth
Everybody's Talking
Let's Work Together
Logic And Lies/Jet Airliner
Cinnamon Girl

Steve Black Wolf-backing vocals on Everybody's Talking


Notes:

Small crowd at Stone City this afternoon, so I got to do more songs.  Only radical change was doing a medley of Logic And Lies and Jet Airliner.  Steve Black Wolf popped up to sing on Everybody's Talking  I didn't figure into playing his set.

Rocky Smith stopped over to look at cymbals and I traded him my K 19' Hybrid Crash for 17 inch K Dark crash.  Same amount of value tho' I should have taken the money and run.  I never thought about bringing up the Paiste 2002 20 inch thin crash that he might have taken home...for about 200 dollars.  In the long run, The Hybrid Crash K should help Rocky's sound next time he plays.  It worked well for me during the Wapsi Cabin Jam of last year.

Afterwards I did stop in Rumors for about 10 minutes, said hi to everybody and gave Terry a pair of drum sticks to show my appreciation for  him letting me bash on his drums the past couple weeks.  Ron and Dakota were back and I said hi to Fran before leaving.  Steve Stratton from Blue Scratch was the drummer of choice.   The Wildcat was back in town playing drums and I was still dealing with back issues and wasn't really keen of playing anyway tonight. Once in a great while I'll bring up an extra pair of drumsticks just in case Terry runs out (i don't think he does).  I don't have to do it but since Terry has his prized Rudes in play for everybody to bash on, at least I think it's a way to support the cause.  It might be a while before I get back up there to play.

Julie did take over the lead singing duties for Everlou, the band that Cathy Hart played in and so far so good with the practices.  I think it would be a good fit for her, probably the best since she subbed in Blue Scratch a couple years ago.   I love sharing the stage with her but in reality she needs a better support band for her. I'm not sure if Everlou will be the band for her in due time but once they start playing dates, I'll know more about it.

Dreams Of Arcadia opened for Bitter Sweet at CRL Friday Night and Ryan's PA head didn't work very well.   Hopefully they can rebound for the Friday Night Dirty Shirley's Gig, to which I had to turn down due to my place of employment being very busy with College Board stuff.  Way it is looking I won't be able to help Julie and Ryan till the Office Gig in November.  They have a variety show at Prairie Hill Previllon but I'm not involved in that one either.  There might be a window of playing week night jams for a couple weeks before we get hit with Tennessee in December, which will fuck up our Christmas. 

So for the moment, it's wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.