Monday 20 July 2020

Rumors-Gaslighting

Songs played:

I'm Free
Tennessee Whiskey
Bitch
Still My Guitar Gently Weeps
Whipping Post
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For

Billy Bourbon-Lead vocals on all but Tennessee Whiskey and guitar
Tommy Bruner-Guitar and vocals
Ted Reilly-Bass
R.Smith-Drummer
Terry McDowell-Rumor's MC and provider of drums

The female singer was Sandy I think and sang the Chris Stapleton song.



So I'm day late putting the set list up.  I spent most of the day Sunday reconnecting with Julie as she watered and tended to her garden with Franklin providing comedy relief.  He might be an old puppy but Julie remarks that the only time Franklin ever plays is when I'm over there.  He got rewarded with a couple of chew toys and cleaned up holey socks.  Julie says perhaps it was better that I didn't wash them.  Both of us do make some sort of clumsy attempt to rekindle the love that we still have.  It's true that we love each other but more in a casual side.  Just when we think about moving on, something happens and we'll around each other.  Even in Corvid times, there's a bond that keeps us going.   

Julie finally gave me the Mac for a gift and I'm trying to figure out how to program it.  The junk Lenovo doesn't work CD duplicating anymore and it's been a year.  I have got to get my music and CDs out once again.

Saturday Night, I passed on playing with the Boy Scout Hippies in Central City on a real paying gig, for a night of going over songs with Blues Rox and five new Bad Company songs were played.  I knew the guys loved Brian Howe but if this keeps going, we may have to rename ourselves Blues Company or Bad Rox. And there's a German band called Blues Company.  This was supposed to be a garage event but it's was too fucking hot and humid and I ripped my crotch out of my good pants and hit my head twice on the low ceiling to the basement.   So I wasn't exactly in the best of moods. Kristopher discovered Blueberry Ale, two half glasses and he was blitzed.   No money but we got a lot of laughs and four pieces of pizza. 

While the afternoon was filled with chasing Franklin around the house and having a good time, I got to Rumors later than last Sunday.  The return of the former Kimberly Trevallion now known as the more easily to write Krizan, she was up and singing away when I got there.  The loudest voice in CR and she can belt them out.   Since Ted was playing bass, Karen was up there and we did say hi but she hasn't responded to the FB friend request that she made a fuss about a couple weeks ago.



With Morris out, the musicians were less than last week, tho' DJ Hovenstot did stay on to play the last half hour.  Billy did most of the singing and came up with new songs that I haven't played much, and by all means not a fan of Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For.  But Billy's version of Whipping Post is not as intense as the Allman Brothers version. I think I like it that way.  Bitch was thought up on the spot, we never done that Rolling Stones number before.  In the two years that Billy Bourbon has been here, I come to find he knows a good 200 songs right off the bat.   

For myself, while trying to appease everybody by going to the Sunday jams,  Stone City has been omitted the past couple weeks.  I need to get back up there to support them.   Since the pandemic started, we haven't seen Randy Burghdorff playing bass or Al Hendricks at Rumors.  This has been the forth jam since the okay was given to play and there hasn't been an increase of players. Mike Lint sat this one out, so did Sir Bob Miller, Kimberly has returned for the first time, her and David got married last week.   Given as a whole, I don't believe Kimberly and me haven't been the same, not since Blues Rox told her that her services were not needed.  For the record, she can sing and I have not heard anybody like her.  She really doesn't need a microphone.   I do think with us being opposites on the political scene, it may play a role in being a part of her band.  I am always up to help her on the rumors jam if need be.  But that's Terry that has to decide who plays what and when.  He does accommodate me and my hectic jam routine.    I just haven't done the Stone City in a while.

For the most part, I had a good time trying to piece the numbers together and see how the boys play the songs and go with that.   If the weather is still humid and hot, I may have to take a pass on Stone City next Sunday.  But for the time being, my time will be spent on seeing Franklin n Julie and doing the Rumors jam afterward.

Billy Bourbon decided that I needed a picture wearing full PPE to shy away from drunks.  He took a nice picture of the lone stranger. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.