Wednesday 30 May 2018

Checker's Acoustic Showcase 5/30/18

Songs: (Solo)

Dead Flowers
Every Mother's Son
Six Days On The Road
Rock Me Baby Blues
Switch Board Susan
She Belongs To Me/Let The Four Winds Blow


Steve Black Wolf sings on Turn The Page and played guitar
Sofia Chesney Sang
Glen Gardner played guitar and sang
Dave Bonham played guitar and sang
Julie Gordon sang and took videos
Carl Meiners played and sing
Mikey Fredericks played banjo
Donna Jo Eisner sang and played percussion
Adam Dinsdale-Played some electric guitar and went home after I took the stage.
The guy that played cello, I forgot the name and will have to look it up in the archives.
Skip Richards showed up
Rusty sang on the second version of Turn The Page
Rick Krejci and DJ Hovenstat showed up for support
I played guitar and sang.

This is the first of five straight days of jams and playing guitar and it didn't exactly started out on the right note.  We had Adam playing electric guitar and somehow he didn't fit into the format.  I was surprised he was down at Checkers' rather than the Silver Star Saloon's Bacon Jam where he could play guitar.  I could have used him on my set by while playing Dead Flowers he was actually putting his guitar and amp away.  Another reason why I did Rock Me Baby as a blues, thinking he was going to jam with me.  That didn't happen.

It was Sofia's birthday and she was a duet partner with Steve on a couple songs.  Steve shocked us by playing Don't Bogard That Joint (!), a song I have messed around and did nothing with. There was another song I did with Steve singing but dammed if I know which one.

Dead Flowers was requested by Brooksie.  So I decided to do that one.

Let The Four Winds Blow was tacked on at the end of She Belongs To Me.

Beforehand, Julie convinced me to try acupuncture in a attempt to get over the back spasms and it did seem to help.  I didn't do any favors trying to help Dave move some speakers into the car so I probably will be paying for that tomorrow.

Skip showed up but didn't play bass.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.