Sunday 20 May 2018

Stone City Acoustic Showcase 5/20/18

Songlist:

Ever So Much
The Life We Lead
Everybody's Talking
Logic And Lies


With:

Lane Gaffney
Bill Schlatter
Glen Gardner
Ray Larson
Richard Edward Butler
Carl Meiners
Jay Devore
John Shaw
Donna Sutton-Shaw
Maki Dervo
Hoppy
The Riverbottom Ramblers
Dana Rocky Smith



(Photo: Julie Gordon)

Notes:  A rare occasion that John Shaw comes down to jam.  But he was there.

Glen Gardner played two songs that would be heard later.  Time After Time, to which Ed would reprise later and Make It With You.  John Shaw would do that one later on as well.

The Riverbottom Ramblers did a half hour set of bluegrass and gospel numbers.
Rocky arrived later and mention he was at Terry's birthday party Jam Part 1 (Part 2 is the Bacon Jam at Silver Star Wednesday Night and a few drummers were there.  Since I had a  date night with Julie in town last night  I opted to stay close to home and finish up laundry.  She was busy gardening.  I tend to stay out of the way when she gardens.  I'm more in the way than I help.

I basically did songs that I knew the words to and didn't need the song book although I did bring it.  I was kinda feeling tired and out of it today due to a cool and cloudy weather.  Tried working on Cuts Like A Knife and The Race Is On but since it's been a while since I did Light My Fire forgot the damn chorus chords.  So that took a back seat.  Everybody's Talking and Logic And Lies are now automatic for me to remember the words anyway.   Took a nap before the acoustic jam and just stuck to the songs I can remember the words.   I really need to learn new stuff (or old originals).

The above photo is me at the Class Act.  Julie scored a 75 dollar gift card after she wasn't too thrilled with the service when we first went out and they responded with a gift card .  She had a nice black dress on, I put on a Doors T Shirt.  Since my place of employment was too damn cheap to acknowledge my thirty years there, I ended up having a steak dinner.  I do have to say that The Class Act did a fine job this time around, the food was good.  Of course with a 32 dollar ribeye steak dinner and a 20 dollar Potebello Mushroom Steak dinner and the full works of appetizers and dessert we ate good.  And it didn't come back to haunt me later either.

I noticed that the Rumors Jam, that The Letter has been played a bit more often than it used to. Perhaps Tommy who was with us when we did that song at Parlor City last month suggested it to the boys and that's fine.  Songs are meant to be shared.   I'd say go for it.

Finally, it was one year ago that Julie And The Mad Dogs played Rumors and I was there after getting off work.  I think I did Highway To Hell along with Johnny B Goode and I had fun hanging out with the band and Julie,and hanging around to help her pack on the load out. I was more in the way than actually helped but somehow along the way Julie had this notion of wanting to go out on a date.  In fact, she actually wondered if I was going to ask her out.   I hadn't dated in five and a half years and  I didn't think I was what she was looking for in dating material.  I didn't think I was the right guy for her.  So I thought okay, we can go out and do something.  Turns out, she actually asked me out on Memorial Day and we went to see a movie and had the worst supper ever.  Chiploate  closed up at six and we were scrambling for something to eat at, and settled for Taco Bell, which the food sucked.  The movie wasn't much better but somehow we had a nice time throughout the false starts and bad traffic and food.  And continue to play together on stage and gotten to know each other better.  She's continues to be a part of my music life and social life.  Franklin, her doggie loves me, and the cats tolerate me.

I've been back on the circuit for almost 3 years now and I've managed to play with the best musicians in town and started projects with other musicians and I sat in on drums on a couple bands but never ever thought that  my favorite singer in town wanted to be a part of my life.  In the end she did steal my heart away.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.