Thursday 26 July 2018

Artisan Acoustic Showcase 7/26/18

Songs

No Expectations
The Race Is On
In The Wind Tonight
For What Its Worth
Logic And Lies


With

Jim Jacobmeyer
Shawn Ster
Stuart Pershing
Dave Bonham
Phil and Darryl
Phil Bo King
Demetrius Harris
Patrick Lower


(Jim Jacobmeyer: Photo)

Lisa Fox is the lead singer of Dreamer's Edge a classic rock band.  I became friends with her this afternoon and she told me she was reuniting an old band and wanted me to play drums for her.  I thought it was cool that she thought of me.  But I did tell her about me working evenings.  So, it still could happen.  But it amazing to see how many folks want me to play drums for their band, even in my late age.

I spent part of the evening at New Bo, the usual Yoga folks were out there doing exercises and things like that.   Daddy O McMurrin was ready to set up his blues show at Parlor City but I had to move down to the Sanctuary for my performance.



Same old story, no crowds and everybody but Jim, Dave and Demetrius left.  So nothing left to do is to rearrange songs to see if they worked.  For What Its Worth was done in a more faster uptempo than I usually do.   Plus, I was fighting the sounds of the Kris Lager Band playing next door at the Mockingbird, they were sold out.  One of the reasons why I wasn't planning to play tonight but ended up getting there late. Phil Bo had a blues concert he had to go see and had to be up at 3 AM.  Likewise Stuart who kinda tossed and turned over a version of Crazy Circles, the Bad Company number.  Dave did originals tonight and Shawn had fun with his voice tone pedal, hit a button you got a robot voices helping you out on the songs.  Julie uses that too, but I'm not a fan of it.  I thought some of the songs made Shawn sound a bit silly, but if you program it right, you don't need other singers.

I don't know.  I am getting kinda bored with the songs of late and performances on guitar.  I'm wanting to play more drums in the future;  I haven't been to Stone City for about a month now and do miss playing there. But this month has been more drum playing and whatever I have been playing at, I been having a good time and getting offers to join new bands and projects.  I still need to get to work on the next Townedgers album.  I have songs but have yet to power down to polish them up.  I'm also giving more time being with Julie and having us to grow together as well.  The Checker's acoustic showcase, we played more songs together and new ones as well. Perhaps a future of doing our thing in a live setting and get paid for it.  My eccentric/erratic side comes out too often, a punk rocker playing acoustic songs and trying to pull the wool over people's eyes and ears.  She's my girlfriend but she's also the boss when I'm in her house, follow the rules, put up after myself and help whenever I can.  I'll forever love her, even if she decides to go to Dancing Rabbit Commune in Missouri and move on.  But I also think she's not giving up being a part of my life either.

I have no idea why I sped up For What Its Worth into a more uptempo song, perhaps it was band competition from next door or basically trying to add some new energy to it.  It actually sounded pretty good.  Logic And Lies was a bit mailed in.   In the end, I did okay but I have better showcases.


Tony Nickles decided to end the Saturday Night Acoustic Jam at the Urban Pie in Marion.  A financial decision, not enough money was coming in to make it successful.  There were the usual regulars there (Glen, Steve, Anthony, Dave, Shawn) but I don't think we had that many more than we did at The Longbranch. Tony will return to trivia sort of thing beginning next week, he seems to draw a better crowd there.  But as they say if it didn't make money, it won't last long.

Dave Bonham mentioned this tonight:  Tonight I went and saw Charlie Morgan and Craig Erickson... Hadn't talked to Craig in almost 20 years... It was nice to talk with him again. Craig had great things to say about Julie Jules Gordon and Rodney Smith for his drumming!!!

Craig is a professional through and through, one of the best guitar players ever.  So nice of him for saying good things about me.   You rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.