Wednesday 25 July 2018

Checker's Acoustic Showcase 7/25/18 She Loves The Rain

Songlist (my segment)

It's My Time
The Race Is On
Six Days On The Road
When Will I Be Loved
She Belongs To Me
The Last Time
I Hear You Knocking



With Julie Gordon on  lead vocals, Except Cinnamon Girl and Knocking on Heaven's Door which the vocal duties fell on me.

Gold Dust Woman
Hey Yeah
Dreams
Knocking On Heaven's Door
Stop Draggin My Heart Around
Cinnamon Girl
Wicked Game
What's Up
Sweet Home Alabama

Dave Bonham: Lead Guitar
Glen Gardner: Guitar and vocals
D J Hovenstat: Guest


(Photo by Julie)

Notes:

Another night of a crowd that I can count on one hand that showed up.  Dave and Julie's version of Come Together is done in the key of C rather than the usual D that I play.

It had to happen. The Blue Brat broke a guitar string on I Hear You Knocking but I kept playing. I was surprised that the string didn't broke sooner.

Felt under the weather but I managed to play for a full hour and fifteen minutes with my setlist and since nobody was there managed to come up with a few new ones with Julie singing.   I don't think she sees the humor in my reggae version of What's Up.

Julie recorded The Race Is On, and I was surprised that my high vocal actually worked.  Dave was trying to get a setting on the mic and of course I kept moving away and not pulling up to the mic to make myself heard.  I actually sounded like John Hiatt more than George Jones or Dave Edmunds.  For somebody feeling like crap and dealing with back spasms I really sounded great.

I didn't participate in the Aces And Eights Jam tonight.  I knew that Julie would appreciate me being there at Checker's, but I also knew that they wouldn't have much of a crowd.  Carl is out doing RAGBRAI, Steve is out protesting the coming of our worthless president tomorrow and wanted to get a head start.

I dumped a few CDs over at my second home Half Priced Books and got 35 dollars for my effort.  And some much needed space on my shelves in the process.

The Aces And Eights Wednesday Jam had a couple more folks there,namely Steve Stratton and Scott Sanborn on drums and Mike Clair helping out Terry, Jeff, Bird and Billy.  And John Hernandez was in attendance.  Tami Soukup did take a few photos and videos before all was said and done.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.