Tuesday 3 July 2018

Ramsey's Acoustic Showcase 7/3/18

Songs;

Does It Matter
Everybody's Talking
Ring Of Fire

With

Glen Gardner
Dave Bonham
Anthony
Steve Black Wolf
Joe Joyal

I borrowed Glen's guitar since I didn't bring mine and thought I was going to play drums at Parlor City.  Only problem was, there was no drummer there and no drum set.

Brenda and Greg Mein had their own jam going on at their place but I was afraid I wasn't going to find a parking spot so I didn't go there.  I owe them another one it seems.

It was a very short set and basically from songs that I knew the words to.  Does It Matter was done a lot slower than usual

I gotta laugh over Dave telling Steve where he now lives and as he told Steve the address, Steve mentioned that he didn't know where that was at.  I told him, sure you've been there, it's Julie's house, Dave lives there in the basement now.  We got a good laugh over that.


Fourth Of July Jam at Aces And Eights

Billy Bourbon-Lead Vocals and Guitar
Dan Hartman-Lead vocals and Guitar
Tim Canfield-Bass and vocals
Terry McDowell-Host Drummer
R.Smith drums

Five songs.

Billy's Blues Song
King Of The Road
Wagon Wheel
Runaway
All Along The Watchtower

NOTES: Due to the holiday a very small turnout.  Randy Faulkner, Herm Sarduy and Trevor Worcel were the other drummers to showed up.  One guitar player Jeff Taylor  was there and Kathy Runnells from work was there.  From what Billy mentioned he'll be working with Herm on future gigs.

Terry did show me the crack on the top of Rude Hi Hat, and the only guess I could come up is perhaps the soundwave bottom hat had a sharpness to it that enabled for 3.5 cm crack.  I didn't see it Sunday but it revealed itself last night.   And Terry didn't have that hi hat for very long.  Probably the reason why I shied away from soundedge hats.

When Guitar Center had their cymbal sale on 2002 soundedge hats I thought the 200 dollar price was for both cymbals,  Should have known better, it was for one cymbal.  Both would have cost over 400 dollars.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.