Thursday 12 July 2018

Artisan Sanctuary Acoustic Showcase 7-12-18

Setlist:

Logic And Lies
Baby Wanna Dance
Get It Over With
Listen To Love
No Expectations

With

Jim Jacobmeyer
Patrick Lower
M.J.
Glen Gardner
Gregdon Cole
Phil Bo King
Dave Bonham
Shawn Ster
Richard Campagna


(One broke musician)

Notes:

I'm still feeling the aftereffects of yesterday's nausea and dizzy spells, so I'm thinking I'm going have to tough this out till after the Stone City Jam on Sunday and get checked out.

Tonight I was more focused than last night; at least I didn't have a loss of melody like I did with Dead Flowers, but Logic And Lies got dressed up a bit more at the beginning.  And in typical fashion I closed the acoustic showcase jam with five songs and a cover of No Expectations. Afterwards, the two women that stayed till my final song marveled at the way I play guitar, I told them that I'm a drummer by trade and I need to have some sort of rhythm to help me through the songs.

For a while, I talked to Dave about his electric band with Julie.  I told him to continue to convince Julie to go into a more electric blues band, I think she sounds great with her smokey and bluesy vocals.  They could then get into playing at the Mockingbird, or Dick's Tap and Shake Room or even Parlor City.  She's got a hall of famer playing in her band.  I think she might have potential to at least make a bit more money than the duos that she's been favoring.  I enjoy our time together on stage but I tend to drive her crazy with my off the wall/thrown together rough sound.  And I'm not musically stable enough for her tolerate me through a whole set,  much less a gig.  Unless I'm playing drums. Then it might work better.

Nevertheless I need to work on more original songs for the future.  I was toying with the riff to Just Enough Love but that's a bitch to play even on electric guitar.  So I stuck with the familiar songs and since everybody left, I could do my own songs just to see what flies.  Patrick did a fine job with the sound recording tonight and Jim is always been gracious and supportive of my efforts.  I hope to eventually convince him to let me do a full show before the snow fall and if I get to feeling better.



There were pictures of the other artist there but none of them had me in it.  Therefore  I'll  leave you with some blooming flowers in my backyard this morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.